NewEgg's New Processing Policy

Praz

Since NewEgg banners are everywhere here at the Street It's only fair all members know the direction NewEgg has taken.

For several years now when I pay for rush processing and second or overnight air shipping the order with few exceptions has left the same day.

Yesterday a customer ordered a hard drive from NewEgg based on my recommendation. As of this evening their order is still at step 3. The following is a copy and paste of a chat I just had with one of NewEgg's representatives.

Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Sabrina. How may I assist you today?

John: I find it completely unacceptable that I placed this order 8:30 yesterday morning and still nothing as far as shipping. Payed for second day air and rush processing and the order process is the same as it was 2 hours after the order was placed.

John: This hard drive was needed for a customer's system and now i look totally incompetent.

John: Is there some type of date I can give to my customer or should I suggest they look elsewhere for service as it appears I'm not capable of meeting their needs.

Sabrina: We truly apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused you. Please kindly note that all orders take one to two business days to process before they ship, no exceptions. Newegg will put forth our best efforts to ship the order the same day, however cannot guarantee your order will ship the same day. If we fail, we will credit back the extra fee for Rush Processing.

John: I have been buying from Newegg for years and never has an order been delayed when rush shipping and expedited shipping was paid for.

John: If two days is going to become the norm I'll be sure everyone is made aware of it

Sabrina: We truly apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused you.

Sabrina: I've noticed that you have been idle for 3 minutes; would you still like to continue this chat or have I answered all of your questions?

Obviously, regardless of paying for rush processing or even the added expense of expedited shipping NewEgg is going to take one to two full days to process and ship the order.

The good news is my customer will have their drive tomorrow. I ordered it myself elsewhere and instructed them to cancel their NewEgg order.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past, unless I ordered late in the day things were always shipped that same day. This is going to be two days. But I think the key to the whole conversation was the bit about no exceptions. Anybody placing orders now need to plan on it not shipping for two days.

Yep they got me once before. I ordered a bunch of stuff one day, figured out what else I needed and ordered it the following day. I paid for the rush processing and 2nd day shipping so that I would get it the same day as the items ordered the day before.NOT. It actually got there two days after the other stuff and was a total of four days. Worse part is it was comming from NJ and the first batch was from California. I won't pay for the any of the extras anymore, although I do shop pretty much only at newegg.

Guest RandallTank

they have always said they will TRY to get it out same day. the order i placed on the 26th at 10am(EST) was at my door the 28th at 2pm(EST) with rush processing and only standard shipping.

The rush order fee isn't really an issue right now. Regardless of where something is bought if it's an in-stock item ordered at 8:30 in the morning it should be shipped out by the close of business the following day at least. Just checked. Still on step 3 which I don't understand as the person was suppose to cancel the order.

RandallTank, hopefully next time you order you will have the same experience and not fall under the the no exception clause.

Guest RandallTank
The rush order fee isn't really an issue right now. Regardless of where something is bought if it's an in-stock item ordered at 8:30 in the morning it should be shipped out by the close of business the following day at least. Just checked. Still on step 3 which I don't understand as the person was suppose to cancel the order.

RandallTank, hopefully next time you order you will have the same experience and not fall under the the no exception clause.

yea i mean its BS but its unlike them and they did "CYA" with the try, its less then we have come to expect but lets face it what normally happens is faster then any other major online retailer

but honestly we are looking at them from 2 different perspectives, you are dependent on there speed while my case is was "oh sweet that was fast"

/open

/win

Some orders I've made in the past shipped the next day, while others took 2; never seemed to be any sort of rule to it; but lately it seems to take them longer to ship stuff out.

I've noticed the same thing. Back when I started ordering from them in 2003, most of the orders I made shipped the same day, regardless of if I used rush processing or not. If I did use it, it usually was shipped out before 1 PM (I think one order shipped out at like 7:43 AM :P), otherwise it was closer to 5-6. Now most of my orders take a day or two to ship.

The rush processing still seems to speed it up a bit, I think the last time I used it they shipped my parts the same day.

I'm guessing that their rise in popularity has put some extra strain on the retrieving/shipping part of the company...