Do you use DX10 with your DX10 capable GPU?

snugglealufacus

70 members have voted

1. 1.

• Vista
    • XP

No you don't, as there are ZERO games that run 10.1 :P

I've been running Vista/DX10 since January.

Oh, and Krazyxazn...nice epic bump :P;)

Krazyxazn didn't bump it. Somebody voted in the poll causing it to bump. Plus the only reason no games use 10.1 is cus Nvidia would have a . fit... When futuremark proposed adding 10.1 to their benches Nvidia was the first to be like no way.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering why there was so much vista bashing and "DX10 doesnt look any different" so early in this thread and I realized it was from 8 months ago :P

I use vista but I dont have any DX10 games I play regularly. I thought Age of Conan was going to be one of them but that turned out to be a total sham...

Edited by SMeeD

Krazyxazn didn't bump it. Somebody voted in the poll causing it to bump. Plus the only reason no games use 10.1 is cus Nvidia would have a . fit... When futuremark proposed adding 10.1 to their benches Nvidia was the first to be like no way.

10.1 doesn't actually add any functionality, so there is no point in developers supporting it. Even if nVidia started supporting it, I still don't think any developer would jump on it.

Had DX10 capability for a while, but only really used it in lord of the rings online, and assassin's creed, neither of which i really played for very long. Just comes down to the games, but i think it is a very noticable difference and would happily sacrifice other settings in order to keep DX10 enabled. (even put up with no AA in lotro, but that was a bit far lol :P)

10.1 doesn't actually add any functionality, so there is no point in developers supporting it.

Except for virtually free 4x FSAA. I don't know if I'd call that nothing. :lol:

Except for virtually free 4x FSAA. I don't know if I'd call that nothing. :lol:

I wouldn't have expected you, of all people, to fall for some lame marketing gimmick. We should all know by now that performance always varies by game.

I wouldn't have expected you, of all people, to fall for some lame marketing gimmick.

The numbers for Assassin's Creed (before support was removed) seem to say that it's no gimmick.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3320&p=6

I'm all for being proven wrong when I am though...what makes you think it's a gimmick?

The numbers for Assassin's Creed (before support was removed) seem to say that it's no gimmick.

I'm all for being proven wrong when I am though...what makes you think it's a gimmick?

Like I said...every game is different. That's why for them to claim it's universally "free" is BS, IMO.

Like I said...every game is different. That's why for them to claim it's universally "free" is BS, IMO.

I don't think anyone claimed that. :blink:

It just allows anti-aliasing to be done in a single pass...far more easily and much faster than it's been done conventionally. There are quite a few other marked differences but none of them are groundbreaking. Perhaps I should have said "potentially virtually free" instead of what I did. Would that be better?

Regardless - to say it adds no functionality is incorrect. :)

I don't think anyone claimed that. :blink:

It just allows anti-aliasing to be done in a single pass...far more easily and much faster than it's been done conventionally. There are quite a few other marked differences but none of them are groundbreaking. Perhaps I should have said "potentially virtually free" instead of what I did. Would that be better?

Regardless - to say it adds no functionality is incorrect. :)

+1

The 10.1 is far more practical then plain old 10, dispite the fact that many titles have either not added or pulled support for it.

Maybe because 10.1 hasnt been part of "the way its ment to be played" (AKA nvidia lacking a proper dx10.1 card).

I still think it is total underhanded BS that vantage did not ship with it AND it was pulled from assasins creed for seemingly no reason, since it is basically free performance.