Do you use DX10 with your DX10 capable GPU?

snugglealufacus

70 members have voted

1. 1.

• Vista
    • XP

vista is fair it works on some better than others, only because manufactures won't provide adequate xp support anymore esp. on laptops, particularly acer asiper, and dell 1725, vista works well on them except bloody sleep functions locks the systems, something rather critical for lappys.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because 10.1 hasnt been part of "the way its ment to be played" (AKA nvidia lacking a proper dx10.1 card).

Hit it right on the nose there. Wonder if developers will be more likely to side with ATi now that their cards are selling like hotcakes.

vista is fair it works on some better than others, only because manufactures won't provide adequate xp support anymore esp. on laptops, particularly acer asiper, and dell 1725, vista works well on them except bloody sleep functions locks the systems, something rather critical for lappys.

Heh, my sleep function has never worked (even on multiple installs of vista) and my friends vista rig wont sleep either, does anyone else have this problem?

I've been running Vista since it came out and have very little problems and no performance hit. I threw in an 8800GTS Superclock 1st gen with only 320mb memory and had nearly no problem running most DX10 games. Crysis is a hog, don't be disappointed if your computer won't run it with all options maxed, it's just the nature of the game. Hopefully Crytek will come through with it's promise and make Crysis: Warhead (and Farcry 2) a bit more friendly in terms of requirements to run with lots of eye candy.

Null

I've been running Vista since it came out and have very little problems and no performance hit. I threw in an 8800GTS Superclock 1st gen with only 320mb memory and had nearly no problem running most DX10 games. Crysis is a hog, don't be disappointed if your computer won't run it with all options maxed, it's just the nature of the game. Hopefully Crytek will come through with it's promise and make Crysis: Warhead (and Farcry 2) a bit more friendly in terms of requirements to run with lots of eye candy.

Null

Far Cry 2 is being developed by Ubisoft, not Crytek.