Core Temp

ZACKYO

Hello

Got the new rig up and GOing.. I have 2 question on core temp.1st is it true that on GO steppings the TJUNCTION will read 100C not 85c so 100c is ok??

#2 why does my X read 6 (in bios set @ 8) core temp ver. 0.95.4...

Hello

Got the new rig up and GOing.. I have 2 question on core temp.1st is it true that on GO steppings the TJUNCTION will read 100C not 85c so 100c is ok??

#2 why does my X read 6 (in bios set @ 8) core temp ver. 0.95.4...

Well, hopefully you will never see those temps, but yes, Tjunction has been moved to 100C on newer C2D's and Quads.

Have you turned speedstep off in BIOS? You multi may be changing when the system goes to idle. Otherwise cross reference with CPU-Z to verify the multi.

Hello yes i do see 100c on the TJUNC. CORES READ 20-22C HAVE IT @370X8 2960 now

just want to make sure sure temps R good B4 i go up more. No speedstep in my bios turn off Performance mode and core temp read X8 now.. but CPU-Z says X6 ??

Hello yes i do see 100c on the TJUNC. CORES READ 20-22C HAVE IT @370X8 2960 now

just want to make sure sure temps R good B4 i go up more. No speedstep in my bios turn off Performance mode and core temp read X8 now.. but CPU-Z says X6 ??

Lol, you just can't win, can you. Temps look fine.

Just curious, those speeds on stock vcore? If it is, it is impressive. If not I'd start with the stock vcore and increase the cpu speed from there and only increase the voltage if needed. Just a suggestion, and please keep us posted on your final results.

Awesome, I think the Gigabyte board is going to get the cpu far. My DS3R beat my two 975G/X and the Blood Iron, the three DFI boards got beat. I had plans to get an E6750 like the one you have but am planning on getting a house in the coming year so I'm paying off credit cards instead of using them, he he he LOL. Your cpu is on air too and you already got good temps.