Sign in to follow this  
Spring2188

need new DVD burner

My dvd burner/drive seems to be acting up on me. Looking for recommendations for a replacement. Thanks

I got a 16x NEC 3550A and a 18x Sony-NEC Optiarc 7170A-0B, they are both very high quality with hundreds of burned DVDs on each and no coasters.

I still have my NEC 3520A but i recently got the Sony Optiarc 7170A and it took a dump on me less than 2 months and still not sure what happened. :)

Note: I would look into the new DVD-BURNER technology that are coming out it might be worth it. I'll get some more info. for you.

Guest RandallTank
I still have my NEC 3520A but i recently got the Sony Optiarc 7170A and it took a dump on me less than 2 months and still not sure what happened. :)

Note: I would look into the new DVD-BURNER technology that are coming out it might be worth it. I'll get some more info. for you.

like what, i just noticed the one i had picked out didnt make it into my shopping cart when i got my new system

I'm using a Samsung SATA burner and it's worked great for me. I also have an Asus SATA burner but I've yet to use it yet...it's going in my media pc.

Guest RandallTank
I'm using a Samsung SATA burner and it's worked great for me.

thats what should have been in my cart

I bought 2 of the latest 20x Lite-On DVD-RW burners and they work awesome....

I also have Lite_on reader and they run fast as hail....no issues yet...so far

Sorry i must of mixed up the HD/Blu-Ray with the regular dvd burners. Speaking of HD/BLU-RAY burners the speed will probably jump to or around 8x by the end of next year or so. At least thats what i've read in some article. :)

Guest RandallTank
Sorry i must of mixed up the HD/Blu-Ray with the regular dvd burners. Speaking of HD/BLU-RAY burners the speed will probably jump to or around 8x by the end of next year or so. At least thats what i've read in some article. :)

8x for what 35gb, not to mention encoding thats a good day right there lol

Lite-On burner

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827106057 (retail 34.99 / OEM 27.99)

Asus reader

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827135151

The Asus reader was 3000kb/s faster than the Sony counterpart I compared it to...but they are out of stock....

The Lite-On sata reader are very good also...so anyone you see you like works fine...

Sign in to follow this