A quick question bout 8800GTS (G92)

Vinn

i bought the eVGA that you are looking at (for $359) and i absolutely love it! i have pydon's mod for crysis, plus a few tweaks, and i am running it right under max (have the god rays, and motion blur off) and im still hitting 20-25fps in high vegetation areas. BTW, 20fps may not seem like much, but it is quite smooth for crysis.

i can also run Bioshock on max and easily top 80fps with DX10 enabled and all.

Pydons mod? I have seen a few cfg file tweaks for Crysis, and they claim it works great, but i asked a game developer right here in this forum and he said they don't do anything. He said he's working on one that will. Who am i supposed to belive? A bunch of people that say it works, or a game developer that says it doesn't? He also said he doesn't know as much as the people who developed Crysis.

Snugglealufacus, are you ocing your card? If so, how high did you get? (the card, not you...lol.) :D

yeah, pydon's mod actually makes things look wonderful. when you first land on the island and your walking through the forest, everything is actually dark, like night. you have to use your night vision and flashlight to get through. also it makes the colors look more clear and prominent. i'll post some before/after pics when i get home from work.

no, actually, my comp is completely stock. my 3dmark06 score lingers between 8900 and 9100 points. to compare, i used to have a leadtek geforce 7800gt that only got 3800 points (also stock, but factory oc'ed). im debating on tinkering with OC'ing, you know just to see how high i can go, but i can never understand how to actually do those tweaks without blowing something expensive up lol.

** if you give me a link to a program that can check my gfx card specs, ill tell you the exact speeds on it.

*edit* link goodness

pydon nautral mod