American Airlines no more

AnUnknownSource

I won't ever book with them again... regardless of the difference in price... They get continuously worse. I'm stuck in Chicago, and I understand that ATC is the source of the cancellations due to weather, but this is about the sixth time I've seen American Airlines employees handle the fallout from such a situation like a bunch of 10 year olds handling a nuclear meltdown...

Their staff are rude, when you can find someone... and they pass you off onto someone else after giving you absolutely no information at all. I thought this trend was confined to just a handful of airports, but now I'm convinced it's AA everywhere. Employees of other airlines in the same airports are so much better, and seem to know their jobs better too. The one exception is the gentleman that helped me out last night here at O'Hare. He was nice, he di a lot of research on how to get me to Traverse City, MI, even checked on rental cars from other airports to get me there.

After not coming up with anything, he still couldn't even put me up in a hotel though. He could only give me a discounted rate (that didn't even work out to 30% off full price) and no food vouchers. Other airlines that had similar problems last night gave their displaced customers free rooms in the same hotel, and food vouchers. I got shafted paying $100 between room and food.

Does anyone know where to send complaints to AA execs that won't get just thrown away?

My rant for the week... :P

northwest (nwa ? lol) seem alright so far, their staff were helpful... even looked into helping me get my bag back from AA (who won't give it to me, they insist that it will not be made available to me here, but will go to my final destination... yet their planes aren't going, so how will it get there? no answer... just a confused look from the bagage clerk...)

The kicker is I'm travelling in my AF Blues full service dress, and have no other clothing... They're on their second day now... if I don't fly out tonight I'd hate to see how they look tomorrow... lol

hahahahaha American Airlines is one of the biggest piece of . airlines in the world

Agreed!

xxxxing air travel...hahahaha.

and I'll second that...

Glad you liked it. Felt it necessary to throw some humor into the situation. :)

I've had mixed experiences, both positive and negative, with - but not limited to - American Airlines.

What really peaves me off is the fact they lost one of my luggage bags which had my grandmother's heirloom in it. :( Bastages.

I think it's airlines in general; but some are significantly worse than the rest, and thankfully there are still a select few good ones out there.

When traveling to Europe I personally prefer Lufthansa. The stewardesses are very friendly and fully fluent in both German and English (they must all be fluent in the language of the country they are flying to). Their airport personnel (ticket counters etc) here in the US are also German, so the same friendly service.

I'm always ticked off at US airlines only having a few stewardesses on board that (somewhat) speak the language of the destination, and they're invariably working in first class; so I get a kick out of speaking German to them and watching their confused reactions :tooth:

But what I find is the absolute worst part about air travel is the asses known as TSA. They're constantly yelling at everyone as though they're the lowliest criminal. Further, they "have trouble" seeing stuff in your carry-on unless you pull everything out of the bags (laptops etc); and even want to scan your shoes.

I say @#$%^&* TSA

Couple good things about travelling in Uniform...

1 - They don't make you take off your shoes :-) I got a few dirty looks when the TSA guy told me that yesterday, and this morning going through security,

2 - They're a lot nicer to you (TSA, not AA)

3 - You get stopped and told all over the place "Thank you for all that you do"; funny thing is, I haven't done anything... yet ^^

I like Lufthansa too... and Air France... They bumped me and my wife up to Business class without even telling us on our wedding trip... we got to our seats, upstairs on the plane, and had like 3 feet of legroom... and free alcohol and were like... woah, what happened here? lol but anyway, yeah, european carriers tend to have better service (excluding Ryan Air, the flying bus service ^^)

We flew with AA on our honeymoon flight to the UK from the US. You know those little half or one third cans of soda they hand out... well the stewardess... err flight attendant or what ever lol, told my wife she had enough after two of those when she asked for another. If that wasn't shortly after 9/11 I would have freakin' flipped on the classy lady, but on our way to board the plane we saw security push up on a rabbi for busting a "security risk" joke :rolleyes: