RIAA: ripping your own cd's to mp3's = STEALING!

Angry_Games

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Modulok

I remember the good ole days...a friend and I would go to sam goody and both pick out a few (different) cassette tapes of our favorite bands. Also we would get a few blank cassette tapes.

We could make copies for each other onto the blanks...seemed like almost everyone did that and the RIAA wasn't even a thought. Cassette tapes were so durable, nobody would make "backups". The sole thought of buying blanks was to record your friends music, or to make mixes.

I can't wait till the RIAA goes after live concerts. They will try to get some gadget that erases any memory of the concert on your way out, so you couldn't enjoy the music & memory(ies) after you left.

:mad:

You know, I sorta got this weird feeling like 7 years ago that someone was sucking my balls and it never went away. I asked the doctor about it but he suggested I take my pants off so he could have a look (which just wasn't gonna happen.) Besides, it kinda felt nice.

Guess now I know the reason for it.

/inappropriateness

You know, I sorta got this weird feeling like 7 years ago that someone was sucking my balls and it never went away. I asked the doctor about it but he suggested I take my pants so he could have a look (which just wasn't gonna happen.) Besides, it kinda felt nice.

/inappropriateness

Omg..............laughing my butt off. :shake: :nod: :shake: :nod: :shake: :nod:

Guest r3d c0m3t

Nothing is fun anymore. Everything has to be "limited" by some corporate jerk who failed to have fun as a kid.

And to this very minute, I am still trying to wrap my head around this concept - copying music that you BOUGHT results in such becoming illegal?

If that's the case, why sell music to begin with? I mean, as someone already pointed out, wouldn't studios who copy these tracks onto the CDs for mass-delivery to music stores considered stealing as well?

And if so, why does Windows Media Player, Creative Media Source, Nero, and even Quicktime (just to name a few) encourage such a bereft felony?

These people are idiots. Wtf is wrong with them?

You know, I sorta got this weird feeling like 7 years ago that someone was sucking my balls and it never went away. I asked the doctor about it but he suggested I take my pants off so he could have a look (which just wasn't gonna happen.) Besides, it kinda felt nice.

/inappropriateness

haha single bestest post on diy-street!

Well, MS needs to be sued then :)

I put my CD in and the first thing it does it ask me to rip the CD to my PC...if I rip one CD then any subsequent CDs I insert are automagically ripped to my PC...so Microsoft's OS is breaking the law.

Well, MS needs to be sued then :)

I put my CD in and the first thing it does it ask me to rip the CD to my PC...if I rip one CD then any subsequent CDs in insert are automagically ripped to my PC...so Microsofts OS is breaking the law.

Bingo.

Is it not the default setting for WMP to "add files to your library"?

:rolleyes: