Opteron 180 stuck @ 234

I'll change the TRC to 11 and TRFC to 14 and then try the 8x multiplier and see what I can do then with the OC. I'll let you know what happens.

The VCORE temp is 27C@idle and 41C@100%, PWMIC temp is at 34C. I use MBM5 for monitoring my temps just thought you might like to know what I use.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's running at 2.8 @102% at 234 x12 I figured that setting the multiplier at x8 and the FSB at 350 would be the same thing so I did that and then set the HHT at x2 and had the RAM still at 100 1/02. I then set it for memtest and saved and exited the BIOS. The system started but never went to memtest it just rebooted so I tried to get into the BIOS and it would boot to the DFI startup screen but no further. I reset the BIOS and got back into the BIOS and set everything back to optimized and rebooted and came into windows where I decided to post and wait for your answer before going on.

It is not the same :).

The CPU has something called the base clock frequency, IE 200Mhz.

When you change the FSB this is what you change and it makes the cpu core physically try to run faster.

Lower the multiplier and slowly increase the FSB, see how far you get.

If you successfully get to 250x8 with the memory on a 166 divider you are in a good position.

Then increase the Multiplier to x9 if it works go to x10.

When you get stuck the vcore voltage may need to increase.

You can take it in small steps to 1.45v.

Since I did that with the 8x and 350fsb...Now I can't get my system stable at the settings I had before.

I have it back to 230fsb x12 with the 166 5/06. I will try for the 234fsb x12 @ 100 1/02 tomorrow and see if it still works.

When you have me drop the multiplier to x8 and up the fsb is that for the RAM? Do you want me to start at the 234fsb and go up from there or start at 200 again? Then when I try with the x9 do I start with 200 or 234? Just so I know what I'm doing for sure before I start.

I noticed that when I had to reset the BIOS and loaded the optimized BIOS and booted into windows at the stock settings of the CPU and RAM that after a while I got the BSOD so I rebooted and went into the BIOS and set the RAM to 166 just to see if it was the RAM that gave me the BSOD (@ stock (everything set to auto) on the RAM) and booted and everything was fine. SO it seems as if the RAM with everything set to auto and the fsb at 200 still isn't running right BUT if I run memtest on them they turn out to be fine. The RAM is a 2GB kit Corsair TWINX2048-3200 C2PT DDR400 XMS 3200. PLUS I know the RAM is supposed to be able to run at the 2-3-3-6 @ 2.75v they are running at 3-3-3-8 2.66v right now. Should I be upping the RAMS Voltage or just keep it where it is?

Here is what I found on Corsair site. TWINX2048-3200C2PT PC-3200 2GB Kit 2-3-3-6 184pin

Start at 200Mhz as this should be 100% stable.

Then when you reach 250mhz (if you can) stop.

Leave it at 250Mhz and go to x9, if stable x10 and so on.

But now if it isn't stable at 200Mhz something is wrong.

Do you have any other memory modules to test with?

Up the voltage to 2.7v.

I have the FSB @230 the multiplier@12 and the RAM @180 9/10. I upped the RAM Volltage to 1.74v so its running @ DDR394 197MHz. It ran OCCT with no problems and is stable. I then tried upping the FSB to 231 and while running OCCT instead of it just stopping with an error it rebooted the system, so I changed it back to 230FSB and it ran with no problems again. Would it be the RAM that caused the reboot from OCCT?

While I was reading some posts here on DFI my system froze SO I guess raising to 2.74v didn't fix my problem like I thought it did. Seems funny it ran stable in OCCT but froze while surfing DFI. I'm going to try a couple things then I'll start with the X8 and see what the RAM will run at. It seems it doesn't even want to run at 197MHz like I had it in the top post.

OK I have it stable at 230FSB x12 @1.38v and 180 9/10 @ 2.74v and that is DDR 394and 197 MHz, so is that close enough to 200MHz? It won't go to 231FSB with out being unstable so I might try upping the VCORE to 104% and seeing what happens but that will be in a couple of days since I won't be near my system now till then.

OK I have been working with this thing all day yesterday and today and have got it stable right now at these settings. 234FSB x12 @2808MHz @1.41v and the RAM is at 180 9/10 @2.74v 2-3-3-6 2T.:cool: Temps are 27C idle and 42C 100% PWMIC temp is 34C, nf4 chipset temp is 44C.

What is a safe voltage to take this Opteron 180 to? I was wondering if I could try to take it higher to see how high of an OC I can get on air (ZalmanCNPS9500) before the temps get to high. Plus is 65C the top temp for this CPU? I would never take it that high because I never take any of mine past 50C or 51C on air to be on the safe side.

Thank you for the help you have given me.

I wouldn't go past 1.45v.

CPU, 50DC is a safe place to be.

Now as it is, what happens if you lower the CPU multiplier to x10.

Set the DRAM ratio to 166 5/6

Set the FSB to 250Mhz

HT ratio to x4

And leave the rest?

These still on?

Max Async Latency 8ns

Read Preamble Time 6ns

Guest RandallTank

humm i was playing with my buddies opty 180 a few days ago and at 234 we hit a wall, it was his first OC and i wasn't really into it i had just gotten back from a stress semester of college. linked this thread to him.