WTB/WTT Samsung 226BW "S Panel" + Cash for my LG L245WP-BN

Yukon Trooper

At least I don't have an "A" panel; from what I've read those were the worst of all. Some people claimed to have color issues (blue tint) with the "C" panels, but I haven't seen any of that on this one.

Yah the C panels can be calibrated to get S panel quality but the input lag on the S panel is what I am after the most.

you know, the issue is fixed now..or so they claimed..like the new batches after july are 99.9% good.. i got one of these and i dont have the S panel, but . is just as good.. really..the new batches they release, you cant tell a difference between them anymore, picture quality/color wise..

Not so. Some people that have recently bought the 226BW still complain about heavy blue bias and other issues. Samsung just removed any panel identification so that people would stop talking about the different panels being distributed. The only way to tell now is to open the monitor physically and see what panel it is. Some have done this and they have been either A or C panels, which means Samsung is still outsourcing some, if not all, panels.

well if its any consellation to you, i've read a review wherein they bought different samsung panels and compared them side to side and they could'nt tell the difference. I think its psychological personally, if u read "s" panel is better u're gonna have some bias if u find out u have an "a" panel. the reviewers couldnt notice any difference and even after running tests couldnt detect anything diff, so really its a dead issue for me whos in the market for a 226bw come boxing day.:)

well if its any consellation to you, i've read a review wherein they bought different samsung panels and compared them side to side and they could'nt tell the difference. I think its psychological personally, if u read "s" panel is better u're gonna have some bias if u find out u have an "a" panel. the reviewers couldnt notice any difference and even after running tests couldnt detect anything diff, so really its a dead issue for me whos in the market for a 226bw come boxing day.:)

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. Thnx for derailing my thread BTW.

Bump.