WTB/WTT Samsung 226BW "S Panel" + Cash for my LG L245WP-BN

Yukon Trooper

Looking for a Samsung 226BW "S Panel" monitor. Willing to trade my LG L245WP-BN for the 226BW plus some cash but will also just take it straight from you. I'll give you the better deal on the trade. The LG is in great condition and the best 24" monitor I have seen. Has the lowest input lag of all 24" monitors and also sports a high quality P-MVA panel. Only a few months old with 3 year warranty. Hate to part with it but it's just too big for my desk space and my neck is starting to strain because I have to sit so close to it. Tried a 22" monitor and it is just the right size. Let me know!

lgei4.jpg

Bump for the fact that the LG L245WP-BN is by far the best 24-inch widescreen LCD monitor on the market. I have this monitor and I'll be the first to tell anyone that this is the monitor to have for widescreen gaming!:nod:

I have no idea why Yukon Trooper would want to let it go. But I'm pretty sure he has his reasons. So if you are the lucky one to get your hands on this, you have gotten yourself a quality, outstanding performance monitor! I highly recommend it!

What's the max clearance between the top of the base and the bottom edge of the screen?

Reason I'm asking, I put my center speaker below the screen (on the monitor base) and it somewhat covers part of the screen.

If there's plenty of clearance, then I'd consider the trade; I've got the 226BW (also only a few months old), just have to check which panel it uses.

Edit: mine is a C panel

The monitor has an adjustable height, pivot, swivel and tilt stand. So if you need to put the center speaker below the screen without blocking the view, you can. Here's more info on it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824005089

What's the max clearance between the top of the base and the bottom edge of the screen?

Reason I'm asking, I put my center speaker below the screen (on the monitor base) and it somewhat covers part of the screen.

If there's plenty of clearance, then I'd consider the trade; I've got the 226BW (also only a few months old), just have to check which panel it uses.

Edit: mine is a C panel

The monitor has an adjustable height, pivot, swivel and tilt stand. So if you need to put the center speaker below the screen without blocking the view, you can. Here's more info on it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824005089

Yeah I looked at the egg product page before posting ;) but it doesn't list any details about the range of adjustment/bottom clearance.

you know, the issue is fixed now..or so they claimed..like the new batches after july are 99.9% good.. i got one of these and i dont have the S panel, but . is just as good.. really..the new batches they release, you cant tell a difference between them anymore, picture quality/color wise..

At least I don't have an "A" panel; from what I've read those were the worst of all. Some people claimed to have color issues (blue tint) with the "C" panels, but I haven't seen any of that on this one.

Yah the C panels can be calibrated to get S panel quality but the input lag on the S panel is what I am after the most.

you know, the issue is fixed now..or so they claimed..like the new batches after july are 99.9% good.. i got one of these and i dont have the S panel, but . is just as good.. really..the new batches they release, you cant tell a difference between them anymore, picture quality/color wise..

Not so. Some people that have recently bought the 226BW still complain about heavy blue bias and other issues. Samsung just removed any panel identification so that people would stop talking about the different panels being distributed. The only way to tell now is to open the monitor physically and see what panel it is. Some have done this and they have been either A or C panels, which means Samsung is still outsourcing some, if not all, panels.

Never believe what a multi-billion dollar company tells you, unless you have proof of your own. :)