Sign in to follow this  
Dan42684

Modular Power Supplies

i have a corsair hx-520 and a zalman 600HP, both modulair, both do an excellent job. also had a coolermaster realpower 800W modulair, and i loved it as well, but i didnt need 800W :)

personally i wouldnt recommend corsair anymore. the psu's are brilliant, but for some reason the price on those things has hit the roof, leaving just as good psu's on the old prices.

edit: i have been browsing a bit over newegg and it seems all modulair PSU's go way over $100. maybe they are just very cheap over here.

There is a line of thought that modular isn't the way to go especially in high performance setups. The introduction of the extra plug and socket introduces extra resistance in the high current +3V3, +5.0V or +12.0V line causing a small voltage drop equivalent to an extra two or three feet of cable. I can see what they're getting at and it would be interesting measure it and see what the voltage drop is like. Might try it someday.

Regards

Paul