Sign in to follow this  
Bigpobs

8800GT Dimensions anyone?

Does anybody know the general card dimensions for an 8800GT gfx card (mainly length), I was thinking of putting a Gainward Bliss or XFX in a new build and wanna make sure the card fits comfortably (Thermaltake SopranoDX) looked at Gainwards/XFX/nVidia site and found nothing.

This card WILL block your number 1 and 2 nVidia SATAII ports on your SLI-DR, meaning you will have to resort to the slower Silicon Image controller to regain those ports. I am unsure atm if right angle sata connectors alleviate this problem.

As far as case, it fits in my el cheapo deluxe midtower raidmax (I would have to spend double the money to get better case cooling than the 4 intake and 2 output fans my raidmax gives me), but barely. 1" behind the HD cage.

On my expert board it doesnt block any of my sata ports. But i had to remove one raptor to fit it in. I have the thermaltake tsunami case. 4th hard drive up to be precise.