Sign in to follow this  
jaz

Asus-Street? finally a good Asus support site

I just went to the site and sent him a pm inviting him to cantact Travis or myself. I told him basically about diy street and he would find a warm welcome here. Let's see what happens. By the way, I always have cookies disabled, and internet explorer setting pretty high, so some sites that it says might load slow or not at all i have very little probelm with. I have my zonealarm at high settings also.

Only seesion cookies are enabled, and internet at med-high. I just use the default msn browser. I hate internet explorer. But let me see how it loads from there.

Edit; i just tried with IE. It did take about 10 seconds to load the 1st time, about 3-4 seconds the 2nd time. I don't know why the site is so slow. I'll inform Arlie of the situation.

Doesn't even work for me; all I get is a white screen that says "Too many connections"

I'd say most definitely try to get them involved over here.

I wrote a 1st pm to Arlie with the initial invite to discuss any possibility of colaboration between our forums, then i sent an email to him informing (if he didn't already know) him of the painfully slow connections problems.

I or Travis should be hearing from him sometime soon. By the way, i wasn't cached in on this computer. That was the 1st time I've accessed that site with this newly formatted hard drive, and i connected in less than 5 seconds.

But when i was logged in, i could barely get around, and a couple pages even timed out. I'm sure this is an isolated incedent, and it's not permanently this way. I bet it's a whether related problem. We recently got hammered here in the northeast with a snowstorm. I don't know where he is operating from, didn't have time to look around...lol.

I'll keep at it though until i get somewhere with this. Thanks for your patience, in the meantime. :)

I just now tried again and i got my 1st (too many connections window)

Yeah, i bet it's just whether related. We'll get it ironed out. I didn't see any posts complaining about connection issues.

Sheesh, I gotta either learn to slow down with the typing or take mavis bacon lessons....lol.

Just connected in less than a second flat!

Update. I was just at the site and logged right in no lagg at all. I resent my message to him via pm and email just in case either or both got lost along with an apoligy if it didn't for pestering him...lol. I was able to zip in and out of all the threads very fast. I did see a few connection problem posts, but that was back in may. Maybe we can help him with his problems and he can help us. Signing off for the nigt.

1st time i hit the link it loaded fast...? so it must be some issue somewhere...

oh wait the server probably uses an Asus board....;)

1st time i hit the link it loaded fast...? so it must be some issue somewhere...

oh wait the server probably uses an Asus board....;)

Lol...Doc. Anyway, Arlie wrote back to me and here is what i sent him and his reply.

-----------

Hi Arlie, I have asked you for help a couple times and found you very helpful and very knowledgeable. So, much, in fact, that i have posted this forum in 2 of our mobo sections (amd & intel), and the forum admin stickied them and suggested i ask if you'd like to make a presence in our DIY street forum. http://www.diy-street.com/forum/login.php?...be61f2649526368.

We have over 30,000 members and are a well behaved, close nit but welcoming family of members, not to mention all the peepers who don't join but just browse. If you're interested and would like to talk to our forum admin about expanding your help scope, please email me.

Your presence would be very welcome on our forum as he likes asus products and has done exactly what you have done. He used to work for DFI, but they went in different directions after a disagreement.

He Started DIY (do it yourself) street, and expanded and diversified the subjects to different components, brand names, platforms...etc. We really hope you're not too busy to join or participate in any way you can manage with our forum. You will find a very warm reception.

If you wish to contact him directly, please visit our site and just click on his email or contact link. He will be more than happy to hear from you, as he suggested i contact you regarding this matter.

Sincerly,

jaz

Ps...i see the site is having connection problems. I assume it's weather ralated, and am not sure you have even gotten them, so i am sending the same message to your email and your pm box to make sure you get them. I don't mean to be persistant, i just don't know if you got the messages i sent. Our forum is very, very interested in some kind of collaboration if possible. You really know your stuff and would be a great contribution, and maybe we can help with your connection problems, besides broadening your base. By the way, i have a link to the diy form in my sig, called "home sweet home". you can also just click on that if you wish. Looking forward to hearing from you!

jaz

------------------

Bill:

Thank you very much for the consideration. I would certainly be willing to speak with the Admin at DIY about some collaboration. At the same time, we are a very close knit family here and I do not discuss any such activities without including the inner circle here in the open discussion. I administer only by the grace of the moderating team, most of whom know much more than I. By carbon copy, I am asking the closest of the inner circle to join the discussion. You will recognize most of the names:

Tim (Wannagofast)

Merc

Chuck (vegasr)

Brian (Roderick)

Jason (jmkays)

David (cool_case)

Paul (paulzig)

Steve (cats)

Because I can only send PMs to six, I will send this twice. I will then post your invitation in our staff room where we can discuss it at length. Once we have a consensus on how we might approach the collaboration, I'll contact the folks at DIY.

Kind Regards,

Arlie

Edit; i just tried the link 6 times and it instantly loaded the site. I have Verizon dsl 3mb.

After reading Travis rant thread about new ideas for the forum, nobody has an opinion on collaboration with other forums? I'm also a member of the evga forum, and in my sig i have a link to this site called very appropriately, "home sweet home", since they yelled at my when I threw a link up to it. They said i can't "advertise" the forum, but i can "mention it" if i reword the link.

So i say ok, easy enough, And at Arlie's Asus forum, of which i am a member there too, i have the same link. I'm trying my best to direct taffic here in a way that seems appealing. By attraction and not promotion, I'm learning are the best means of doing this. After all, you can't give somebody something they don't want, but if it looks enticing enough to investigate, well...there ya go.

Then they will find this forum. And i think it is the most unique forum i have ever seen or been a member of and am proud and grateful to call it my "home forum". Now all i gotta do is remember to put my glasses on when i type and to sloow dooown. This place does something for me that no other forum does. I get stimulated somehow, it feels great when i can be of some help to someone, cuz i do have a luv of helping people.

And this place has afforded me that opportunity (when i can, I'm no mod or tek genious, but i do have an a+ certification in pc repair. I know it's the lowest certification you can get...lol, so no bragging there, any half-wit can get one. But when i can use my experience ( i learn more of what not to do) to help others, i get a real feeling of satisfaction.

At this time I'm in the middle of helping a hyper-active kid get his nice mid-hi end rig stable. He's in such a hurry to do everything he messes stuff up and gets ahead of my instructions, only to have his system crash again. So we got it completely apart on a test bench, starting with the minimum, like i learned here.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, but i hope i can be of more help with bring the asus user forum into some kind of collaboration with us, and thanks again Travis, for sticky-ing the posts i made. It never occurred to me how valuable that would be to you, after reading your "rant" about us coming up with ideas.

So, i guess i have nothing more to say....for now. Let's see what happens. I think good things will come for diy street. It has a life of it's own, and we need to keep it alive. I hope i can contribute more ideas in the future. I'm not even very creative in the department you desire, but will try. It's the least i can do after all I've gotten from this place i call home. :)

The end. (of jaz's rant) :rolleyes:

ok, I don't know who will be taking the reigns in this discussion re; asus forums, so i am going to post Arlies response here and pm one to Travis. I know he is kinda taking a break, but I'm assuming if he doesn't want to do the communicating with Arlie and his team of moderators, he will appoint an official diy "ambassador"...lol to negotiate the deal.

Jaz:

I have talked it over with my team and we are interested in discussing ways in which we might collaborate with DIY. If there are ways we can work together to make the user experience better, we're interested. Please go ahead and make the introduction with the admin at DIY and we'll start the discussions. You can contact me here by PM or by e-mail at either the home address (a) or the work address (a).

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Arlie

(i didn't know this was going to show up in the open forum.)

NEVER POST SOMEONE'S EMAIL ADDRESS IN AN OPEN FORUM!!!

bots grab it and spam you to death. Very uncool (lesson learned for you heh...everyone hates those giant red letters of yelling)