Happy Holidays!

Syngensmyth

I was raised as a Catholic and subscribed to Catholicism into my early adulthood. I went out in the world then experiencing all different forms of the Christianity. I have read the Bible many a time through, so to the Koran. The books are very similar. I am no longer a practicing Catholic. I have taken on my own special spirituality based on the Christian believes.

While I personally don’t believe that organized religion is evil. I do believe that many men and women who lead in organized religion are. This is not just Christianity but all. These folks guide and misdirect their followers. The history of this holiday can be found in Wikipedia. It has done a fair job a explaining it here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas

I feel that for whatever reason if you do or don’t celebrate this holiday we and are generations past have created it into what it is today. In my opinion for which I believe far too many people are experiencing an empty shell of the capitalist dream. The holiday is far to sensationalized for the massed to get any meaning that would be pure and simple.

I wish ALL to be in good health, a peaceful time of the year without conflict, or rather free of the evoking of any believes or ideology which you may be opposed.

Peace :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The holiday is far to sensationalized for the massed to get any meaning that would be pure and simple.

I wish ALL to be in good health, a peaceful time of the year without conflict, or rather free of the evoking of any believes or ideology which you may be opposed.

I don't understand why people are so quick to bash "society" and "everyone". Is it unreasonable to think that most people want everyone to have a safe and lovely holiday? And to give nice, sincere gifts? People wish us good health, and peace and yet they think that the rest of the world wishes death and mayhem?

I understand that it's fun and easy to bash society, which cannot defend itself; but please, don't assume that the purchasing of too many giftcards is any more than an easy way to avoid guilt and fulfill expectation.

Guest thespin

Well, south park I don't watch for obvious reasons. Isn't it a show that just tries to be offensive as possible ? Don't need it ... I have Angry. :-) I mean what's cool or entertaining about offending people deliberately ? Maybe it makes the producers feel superior.

The only reason I reacted is that I believed that the members of this forum were on some level ... friends. And friends don't insult each other gratuitously. And I look up to Angry as our leader and therefore as the one to set the example.

There are things we ALL hold near and dear to heart. For Angry it's hockey and his sweetheart. But many, probably most people hold their God (whether real or not) as dearest. Their religious leaders usually fall many, many levels below since just men and prone to the usual weaknesses of humanity (Islam seems to be different in this regard). As I wouldn't insult Angry's sweetheart, I believe that we shouldn't go around insulting someone's religious beliefs.

And I wasn't claimimg tolerance as a religious value. It's the purpose of a religion to discriminate between what's good and what's evil, between what's constructive and what's destructive (as revealed by God). But Christians are usually tolerant in this sense - that every man must voluntarily accept the Truth, that no one can be forced to believe (Islam appears to differ in this regard also).

And as far as Christianity anyway, the Master Himself declared that "All men are sinners." So you are not telling us anything new, Angry. I am probably a worse sinner than you. But I have put my hope and trust, my faith, in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior for He promised me that, if I did and tried to obey Him (Love God and love my neighbor), then He would help me to go the distance and finally enter into the joys of His Heavenly Kingdom where He reigns forever.

Come, Lord Jesus! :-)

ps: Christianity does NOT condemn 'homosexuals' since it doesn't believe any such thing exists. A person is a person is a person. Christianity condemns homosexual behaviour and believes it to be an aberration, an emotional illness which can be cured in many cases, and can definitely be controlled in most cases. Christianity believes that homosexual behavior is destructive of the person who behaves in such fashion and a danger to the sexually immature. Just as Christianity requires people to control adulterous urges, so people with a homosexual disorder must seek treatment (counseling) to learn to control these aberrant urges, hopefully many to the point where they mature sexually and can form a healthy relationship with someone of the opposite gender.

The Church teaches "Love the sinner but hate the sin." Sin is destructive.

Isn't it a show that just tries to be offensive as possible ?
I would call it a commentary personally. Thank you for asking and not telling what it is, when you don't know. Too many people judge things that they've never experienced.

Has the liberal sacrament of 'toleration' of everything, both good and evil, been repealed
You tell us. You're the Christian, and a sacrament is a Christian belief.

I don't understand why people are so quick to bash "society" and "everyone". Is it unreasonable to think that most people want everyone to have a safe and lovely holiday? And to give nice, sincere gifts? People wish us good health, and peace and yet they think that the rest of the world wishes death and mayhem?

I understand that it's fun and easy to bash society, which cannot defend itself; but please, don't assume that the purchasing of too many giftcards is any more than an easy way to avoid guilt and fulfill expectation.

No intent to assign blame or bash anything or persons but my opinions expressed. To conclude such from such short words I find intelligently enough to be your opinions. It’s NOT reasonable think such and surely we would be in a far direr place if not for the compassion and love of others.

Me wishing good health and peace is my mere form of expression to you ALL at this time of year. I also feel extremely comfortable in saying Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

That's enough of all that other bull crap let's get back to the purpose of this thread. I also merged the festivus thread with this one. Schoolslave, I removed your pic, because it was just gonna start this crap up again. Keep on topic now.

Happy Holidays!