Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Frontlines: Fuel of War beta

Gamespy/Fileplanet has opened the beta for Frontlines: Fuel of War.

I've just received a key for it, but I doubt I'm going to ever play it. So, if you are serious about giving it a shot, let me know and I'll give you my beta key and you can come back to this thread and tell us all the cool stuff about it (but don't break the NDA or TOS).

Thank You very much!:)Only played a couple hours so far but I can already see myself buying this. For a beta, I don't think it's bad at all. The NDA is dropped! so that in itself is a good sigh also:)

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/...8_screen014.jpg

I belive the guys who work at Kaos studios are from the mod team who did the original desert conflict for bf1942 so basicly its like playing a modern BF2 using the Unreal 3 engine. Some of the bigest differances so far is players have the abality to use unmaned droans, call in prcesion air strikes and a few others depending on which options choosed before spawing. Theres a lot more differances than this but Ive only played a couple hours and cant remember all of them. I personally really enjoyed all the BF series so for me this type of game seems pretty cool but It will take a little more time to tell wether it will hold my interest for as many hours.

Peformance wise, Ive had it set to max settings at 1920*1200 and get comparible fps (avg60) to BF2142 with none of the crazy problems like crysis has with lag. Of course this could all change when playing on a server with more than 24 players so time will tell.

Btw Im copying this from their forums:

Mitch

Administrator Join Date: Jul 2007

Where to get open beta keys...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fileplanet will be releasing 5,000 keys every week on Wednesday.

Here are links for where to get keys:

1) The open beta signups at http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/frontlines/beta/. This is for people who have never gotten a Frontlines key, who access the program through IGN promotion.

2) The VIP/key authentication process at link is dead. This is for VIPs outside North America who receive a printed invitation or a direct email from THQ/KAOS.

3) The closed beta key upgrade page at link is dead. This is for closed beta participants who are assigned a new open beta key.

Remember, you do NOT have to be a paid subscriber. You just have to sign up for a Fileplanet membership which is free.

Community Manager

THQ | Kaos Studios

blog.kaosstudios.com

twitter.com/KaosMitch

"Sleep is for the weak."

Played some of it today. Much better since the closed beta. Still alot of issues though. Having worked as a tester with them before in DC, I can claim they do listen to the testers. There are some interesting concepts going on with this, but I'm a bit on the undecided side at the moment. I have to give them some kudo's to the fact that they are really stretching out the testing in a public manner compared to most studios. They do understand the value there, but, I'm wondering if the engine was the wisest choice right now with the amount of things they have explored with it. I guess time will tell.

I will give this a shot, man I'm so out of touch with the rest of the world still playing Hellgate, I love this game and its got me hooked. Its downloading while I'm playing. I also saw the Witcher demo on there too, so I might as well give it a try.