Corsair Power Supply Configurator

Hey guys, we got a power supply configurator up similiar to our memory configurator. If you just want to take a look and give us any feedback that would be appreciated. It does not do a specific wattage rating like some calculators. Tell us what you think.

CORSAIR PSU CONFIGURATOR

Lists the HX620W and TX650W as options when 8800GTX in SLI are selected; AFAIK these 2 PSUs only has 2 PCI-e power connectors, which wouldn't be appropriate for the graphics cards selected.

I'll ask Redbeard to check that. He's the configurator and power guru. Thanks!

Lists the HX620W and TX650W as options when 8800GTX in SLI are selected; AFAIK these 2 PSUs only has 2 PCI-e power connectors, which wouldn't be appropriate for the graphics cards selected.

Redbeard replied:

It isn’t SLI certified and it doesn’t have the connectors, but those cards come with molex-to-PCI-E adapters, and they’ll both work fine for actual functionality.

Plus, for the HX620, they can always order the split cables from us.

Well I personally don't feel that 620W would be sufficient for 2 8800GTXs (especially with extreme system and GPU overclocking; Why I ended up getting a 1KW PSU).

Maybe the PSU configurator should list compatible as well as recommended for the given system specs; and in the case of 2 8800GTX in SLI have a note that for the HX620W you'd need to use the adapters supplied with the card or your splitter cables.