need opinion

red930

No conspiracy. Just a case of the DAD I get sometimes. That thread is open to Donor Lounge members only. Sorry for the confusion. But hey, you could always send DIY-Street four or five dollars and get exclusive access to some forum threads reserved for those that help keep the Street online :)

lol...Here's the information you requested, and its really great, I promise. But in order to get full functionality and every answer to every question, please submit a small donation. Perfect marketing scheme!! (not that DIY really works like that, I just found it funny:p

333, it is a great thread, and you should find a lot of help in getting your new system up and running!!

By the way. Your original list looks pretty good. I'll defer on a motherboard recommendation from the two you've chosen to someone who actually owns one or the other (or has at least done a build or two with them).

The only real concern I have is in your video card choice. You indicate in your first post "heavy gaming". While the 7600GT would be a fine budget choice for your current 15" LCD, it isn't going to future proof you very much if you decide a bigger monitor with a higher resolution is somewhere on the horizon.