Computer on the wall? CRAZY?

old_geekster

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the motherboard is mounted on the wall and the PCI slots oriented so they are parallel to the studs in the wall, there wouldn't be much surface area for anything to rest on.

If it's built into the wall it would almost certainly be enclosed anyways.

Guest phoenixdancer

i have seen a guy place all his parts on his bedroom door..

When he opend it the pc automaticly turned on, when he left the room and used the outside lock the pc automaticly switched off aswell.

The door was limited to only open 90degress so the parts never hit a wall and it was also a door that didnt open to fast and then stop hard so the parts didnt just fly off.

i was realy impressed by it as it was totaly passive as it used the rooms air flow to cool.

Just an idea how graphically functional does this shave to be, would be much better looking and easier with onbaord (pants) graphics. And a slimline CPU HSF (reference maybe). If this goes ahead, a journal of your efforts would be a good read.

Guest InFeKtioN

Not the same as wall mounting .... but this give me an idea:tooth:

Heck, maybe I have even seen it somewhere before ?

But ...... how about in an Aquaium ? you could put drive racks in there ... whatever !

Not just a regular Aquaium though ! one that is mounted in a wall, one that you can see from both sides !

uh ..... idk