Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Mega media companies?

"And now let us get back to the question of 'how' and 'why'. You understand well enough how the Party maintains itself in power. Now tell me why we cling to power. What is our motive? Why should we want power? Go on, speak," he added as Winston remained silent.

He knew in advance what O'Brien would say: that the Party did not seek power for its own ends, but only for the good of the majority. The terrible thing, thought Winston, the terrible thing was that when O'Brien said this he would believe it. What can you do, thought Winston, against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and simply persists in his lunacy?

"You are ruling over us for our own good," he said feebly. "You believe that human beings are not fit to govern themselves, and therefore-"

He started and almost cried out. A pang of pain had shot through his body. O'Brien has pushed the lever of the dial up to thirty-five.

"That was stupid, Winston, stupid!" he said. "You should know better than to say a thing like that."

He pulled the lever back and continued:

"Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness; only power, pure power."

Here's to our newly formed Ministry of Truth. :beer

I never watched the news

I did as a kid a few times. I was always put off by it. There would be an ad an hour before the news came on about some cool story. It'd be advertised every commercial in the news, and when it finally came on, the line they said in a commercial an hour ago wound up being the best part of the news, and I waited over an hour for it.

Fvck television news. The internet is so much better. It's a lot easier to get exactly what news I want, read the opinions of others on it, and no waiting.

Im with you Thasp, the news just seems like another crap badly written sitcom and just as accurate. At least on the net you get to hear the actual dirt on those that would like to remain nameless. Say what you want about the British press but you get to hear about things in the US that we don't even hear about.