Sign in to follow this  
momoceio

Worklog of Stacker 810

Jig-saws, circ-saws, and routers are definitely da shiznit for large jobs; I reserve the dremel for detail work.

I guess It's obvious that I like power tools; I still have a fair list of things I could use in a shop, maybe even have a modding studio on the side at some point.

Ha-ha, I must be crazy then, 'cause I dremeled the entire top for my 360 rad! :eek2:

Are those medium speed blue-LED Yate Loons I see? I have three of those on mine, and I love them. I put them on my Zalman ZM-MFC1 and run them at 5v most of the time, and they are very quiet that way. When I bench or game I can crank them up some more and the cooling is more effective.

BTW, you said you noticed the holes were off a little on your RadGrillz. Make sure you drill them where the radiato needs them. I had to open all the holes up on my RadGrillz because they wouldn't line up with the radiator holes, so I used a pointed grinding bit to open the RadGrillz holes up.

Yes, I noticed that the holes didn't quite line up with my rad also but they line up with the fans perfectly. I might mount it grill -> fans -> rad but if I do it grill -> rad -> fans then I'll have to wide the holes up some. Yes, those are Yate Loon Med LED fans :) I had ordered the High spd but they were out so I just picked up the medium. They'll be on a sunbeam rheobus controller. I couldn't imagine dremeling the whole top...lol. How long did that take?

Maybe an hour of so. Not nearly as long as I took to measure the rad and draw out the cuts on the masking tape. :D

Guest Blooz1

Yer gettin' there, momo!

That's going to look sharp when you're done!

Well, I'm still waiting to paint but it's too cold out. Supposed to warm up above 50 this week so I'll shut the garage and get the space heater going...should get it to 60 or so at least :) I should be finishing most of this project between now and New Years..I work at a school have 2 weeks off :tooth:

Update: I got the chassis primered and painted. I decided to go with flat black..the rest of the case will be covered in the carbon fiber vinyl. I started getting dark towards the end so I might need to touch up a few spots still.

Gutted and taped (pay no attention to the mess on my floor :) )

Stacker%20810%20032.jpg

Stacker%20810%20036.jpg

Stacker%20810%20037.jpg

Primered and ready to go (it's upside down so I could paint the underside of the top and hit any angles i missed)

Stacker%20810%20042.jpg

Stacker%20810%20043.jpg

Stacker%20810%20044.jpg

Stacker%20810%20047.jpg

Painted...the pictures look funny because the paint is still drying so I have spots that look wet and then flat spots (because it's flat black paint)

Stacker%20810%20048.jpg

Stacker%20810%20049.jpg

Stacker%20810%20051.jpg

Stacker+810+052.jpg

I'm gettign excited.

Are you going to put the retention brackets back in? I am wondering because when mine come out, they are staying out as I don't use them for anything more than wire control on the backside of the case. I have already covered them in the "front". And by front I mean the side visible through the window.

I'm not sure if I'll put those back in or not...sure had a lot of screws holding those f**kers in though.

No kidding, I have looked at them in the past to make sure they are removable.

Talk about completely useless though. I have had ONE device this whole time that actually made use of them. And even though they "lock down" the 4 in 3 bay, that thing is secure enough without them.

Of course, that is gone from my system now too. That one device was the Plextor DVD-RW that finally gave up the ghost a couple of months ago. The Pioneer drive in there can't even fit the black plates to work with them.

So yeah, they are gonna go.