Worklog of Stacker 810

Well, this is my very first time at attempting any sort of case modding so we'll see how it turns out. All I've done so far is cut a friggin hole and I'm addicted already (my wallet doesn't need anymore hobbies).

Here's what I've got so far. I still need to cleanup the hole for the radiator but I'm pretty pleased since this is my first time. Next I'll be cutting a hole or two for wire management then I'll be painting the inside of the case. I'm not set on a color yet but it'll probably be black...maybe flat black. The hole case will be wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl and the color scheme will be blue with maybe some green accents. I picked up a windowed case panel but that window is huge so I may do two things...mod the original panel with a smaller window or replace the window in the second panel with mirrored acrylic. Now the goods...

12-08-07%20052.jpg

12-08-07%20053.jpg

12-08-07%20057.jpg

Had to add some tools to my collection

12-08-07%20059.jpg

Now the modding begins...

Stacker%20810%20001.jpg

Stacker%20810%20002.jpg

Stacker%20810%20005.jpg

Stacker%20810%20006.jpg

Stacker%20810%20007.jpg

Gotta get all that tape residue off...ugh

Stacker%20810%20011.jpg

More to come soon...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work!

I wish I could have top mounted my rad...then I would be making new case feet later.

Oh well. the T01 is serving me well. Always nice to see another REAL Stacker getting the mod love. (those silly little 830 and 832's should be called something else :) )

My host seems to be having a problem so the pictures should be back soon...

Edit: Pictures working again.

Pics are looking just fine, I even cleared my cache on my other computer and checked the thread again.

Anyway, if you need somethign to straighten out those bent pieces, you might get your hands on a hand seamer. If you have pounded them back into submission, that works too.

Pics are looking just fine, I even cleared my cache on my other computer and checked the thread again.

Anyway, if you need somethign to straighten out those bent pieces, you might get your hands on a hand seamer. If you have pounded them back into submission, that works too.

My web host was down shortly but they came back online. Anyway, I think I'll put a block of wood under the bent pieces and flatten them. I'll hopefully have some more time soon to get some more work done :)

Did a little more work tonight. I had to clean up the cut for the radiator because some of the edge was sticking out and showing with the radgrillz on so I trimmed it back some. Also, in the back of the case on the underside of the top, this case has 3 layers of aluminum and the fan wouldn't sit flush against the top so I had to cut some of that out...it was a classy lady. The last thing I did was cut out a hole for wire management. My next step will be painting the inside of the case.

Here you can see the 3 layers of aluminum

Stacker%20810%20015.jpg

Here you can see where I trimmed it out so the fans would sit flush (the pic was taken sideways but the top of the case is where the radgrillz is)

Stacker%20810%20024.jpg

Here's where all the front panel cables will route...didn't have to cut any holes for this one :)

Stacker%20810%20019.jpg

Just to give you an idea...of course the fans will be under the grill though.

Stacker%20810%20022.jpg

Stacker%20810%20023.jpg

Wire management hole...I think it turned out pretty well. I have some edge trim on the way from MNPCTech.

Stacker%20810%20025.jpg

Stacker%20810%20026.jpg

Scratched the paint up some..but it's all getting covered anyway

Stacker%20810%20028.jpg

I have to drill some of these holes a little bigger since a few weren't perfectly centered :(

Stacker%20810%20030.jpg

Looking good! jig saws beat dremmels like red headed stepchildrens on big projects like that. T'was what I used to cut out spaces in my steel case. I forgot to get a laundry basket though...never knew they were such handy tools ;)