• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LookBackX2
XP is cheaper than Ultimate.

Therefore it still wins.

I second this. I am sticking with XP because I have it. :sweat:

Unless Vista blows XP away like XP blew away 98 then whats the point. Just out of curiosity I'd like to see how many machines that came with Vista installed are now running XP. I bought an open box PC for my kid from best buy with a single core 3800 and 512Mb of Ram and integrated video and it had Vista home on it, OMG it ran like absolute crap. It now runs XP and runs great, nuff said.

sure its gona run like crap on under 1.5bs i know that lol

its just like they did with xp loaded xp on machines that had 64mb and 128 to 256 and it ran like crap to.

and tahst why alot of them took vista off because they ony have 1gb or less.

but vista runs smooth with 1.5gb to 2gb for me:)

I switched back to XP a few days ago, and am relieved to have the old faithful back.

No more of games not being able to close properly, no more uTorrent freezing up, and no more nForce4 audio codec interface incompatibility (wtf is up with that anyway- did they think it was ok to make one of the most widely used sound codecs incompatible?)

Regardless, I have noticed some jittery-ness in TeamFortress2 on XP that I never did on Vista. But everything else is better.... It just feels like home

I have the perfect Vista with no errors, crashes, lockups, hardware incompatibility or performance loss in any game, app or benchmark program. I just use XP pro with Vistamizer, as the only thing I liked about Vista over XP was how it looked....lol. I wouldn't dream of dropping the money on Vista and if the latest butt kicking game was vista only, I just wouldn't buy it. Should have just called Vista, WinME II lol ;)

Thanks Syngen,

That was refreshing and catchy lol. I'll buy Vista when it has a 300mb footprint and works as flawlessly as XP.

Linux Distros are so much loosers for not having a plug and play version for dummies. Now would definately be the time to strike.