XP outshines Vista in Benchmarks

soundx98

As a gamer, Vista will show its worth down the road when DX10 and the hardware to run it matures. Until then I'm with XP. Hopefully Microsoft will release DX10 for XP because of Vista's shortcomings, but I find this highly unlikely. Hacked DX10 for XP would be nice... hopefully those teams working on it will pull through.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welp looks like futuremark orb is down so i cant do the test at the moment but when it comes up im all ready:)

and nope im not runing dual booting xp is on its own drive and vista is on my main drives.

and why whould i want to put defrag in the backround or anything to cheat?

when i run the tests im gona show all the processes in the screenshots which xp ony has like 24 to 28 because i installed it a day ago.

ok heres the bench,s :)

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5226/benchyz9.jpg vista

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/892/bench2yo8.jpg vista

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6852/bench3jp1.jpg xp

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6987/bench4nb7.jpg xp

as you can see on 05 vista beated xp:)

but on 06 xp beated vista but not by much same as vista beating xp not by much.

but that proves vista is fast on benchs and beated xp on 05 so both of them are neck by neck on my system.

but you have to know vista as it sits on my machine has 50 something backround problems in the backround and had it installed over 6months.

and xp got installed lastnight freshed and ony have 26 backround problems and nothing on the hdd.

so vista whould be faster if it had a clean hdd and fresh installed:) like couple months ago i ran 05 on it and got a 9958 but didint save the bench so cant prove it....

but ya theres not much diffrence in scores.

but in games its a diffrent story:)

so ya theres no reson for me to go back to xp because A both of them are neck to neck and B i like the looks and interface of vista better and C my system plays my games alot better.

ony thing i dont like is how much gbs it takes more than xp small size but other than that i like vista.

welp looks like futuremark orb is down so i cant do the test at the moment but when it comes up im all ready:)

and nope im not runing dual booting xp is on its own drive and vista is on my main drives.

and why whould i want to put defrag in the backround or anything to cheat?

when i run the tests im gona show all the processes in the screenshots which xp ony has like 24 to 28 because i installed it a day ago.

Is Vista running on a RAID array?

Guest phoenixdancer

XP sucks compaird to vista.

I have so many more things i can do in vista then XP..

I ran 3dmark06 and i only got 14.8k in xp and 15.1k in vista

oh and dont forget XP 64bit has crap drivers compaird to vista 64bit ones....

I have tyred 32bit xp 64bit xp, 32bit vista, 64bit vista.

The winner at 15.4k in 3dm06 was Vista 64bit Ultimate :)

happy days

Only problem i have with my system is that the G33 chipset doesnt like running 4 sticks of ram

well ya its runing on raid but that doesint count both of them loaded the same fastest and everything.

and with out raid and raid the score doesint change i aready tried it.

but you see another user that also likes vista and his scores better than xp:)

well ya its runing on raid but that doesint count both of them loaded the same fastest and everything.

and with out raid and raid the score doesint change i aready tried it.

but you see another user that also likes vista and his scores better than xp:)

I'm gonna have to bow out of this discussion until benchmarks are done on identical hardware and configurations.

The winner at 15.4k in 3dm06 was Vista 64bit Ultimate :)

Sorry but I'd have to see a valid ORB entry for a 15.4k 06 score at 3.6GB, 650/1100

well it was on identical hardware and configurations just not raid which doesint count in 3dmarks maybee loading them up but the loading screens doesint count for scores lol :)

but ya i know bencmarks has zero to do with real life and real world stuff thats why i barely do them.

but ya im sticking with vista:)

because the main thing is it plays all my games better but how whould i prove that.

and as you could see xp did beat vista on 06 and than vista beated xp on 05 and so to me thats a tie right now:)

also im not saying anything better because to me anything that has microsoft on it usely sucks lol

Vista takes effort to use older software and some hardware. At some point we all ask ourselves why we are putting ourselves through it. Not that we can't do it but why are we doing it. The answer is usually to blow Vista away and go back to XP. Few of us value cute in our OS and none of us need hand holding, so Vista has few advantages and several irritations.

By the way what are those advantages again? I found none. There may be some useful security "improvements" for Joe Blow to keep his computer from becoming a useless spam/virus/spyware brick in six months. I wonder if even that will be effective.

If I wanted to fool around with driver and software issues I would use Linux. But if I had to, I could like Vista ... I just don't have to.

maybee why its better in games for me is because it gives more video ram to the video card when it needs it.

like if i go to diaplay properties than adapter on my desktop it shows my video memory at 1gb which my card ony has 256mb.

so maybee that helping alot because i like runing every game on high res like 1680x1050.

problee what was helping my laptop to it showed 768mb instead of its 256mb

problee why overlord plays better on my laptop on vista on 1920x1200 than xp on 1920x1200?

other than that im not sure lol