XP outshines Vista in Benchmarks

soundx98

I'll stick with XP service pack 10 or so until something better than Vista comes out that wont need 800 Mbs of ram just to run. That is the biggest stinking mistake MS made.... it makes me angry.

Give me a plug and play linux that is compatable with my unit below and plays all my games for less than a hundred bux and Im sold. What are the Linux people waiting for.... isnt there a Bill Gates amongst them? Now is the time to pounce. MS screws up and lounges on their mistake because they can.. this also makes me angry.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gordesky1

As long as the user is happy, as you seem to be, that's all that matters. If not much more then minimal hardware support is required Vista isn't bad.

Your comments, if indeed true, about software and especially benchmarks running faster on Vista then XP should be able to earn you a nice paycheck. Because you have managed to accomplish something that has even eluded Microsoft.

i got a bench for vista tho dont have xp for to compair because i had it at lower clocks than i do now.

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/projectmanager.jsp problee doesint prove anything but here it is.

i say its about 100 to 200points more than it did in xp i know it not much but im not into benchs much.

but in games it did make a diffrence or i whould be still useing xp:)

like on my laptop need for speed prostreet played alot smoother on vista not sure why but it did right now it jitters and stops than goes.

seems like vista help alot more in full open worlds like oblvion and one game that i installed right after i got vista installed autoassault which is dead now:(

but befor it was stoping and pretty hard to run that game maxxed but with vista i could run it maxxed and get a decent fps.

that game problee was the hardest game you could run when it was out to.

but ya i wont recomend vista for users that has under 2gb of ram or a low end system like the new systems that companies put vista on that ony has 512mb ram thats crazy no wonder why it doesint run right lol

the more i see that complain is the ones that lacking ram or low end systems.

but ya even my uncle installed it on his system which had 1gb of ram and he liked it alot he said it was faster on the desktop and he has a amd [email protected] 1gb now 2gbs and a 7800gs.

hes not useing it right now because cmedia sound card which makes the rear speakers sound low but other than that he likes it.

like on the 3dmark benchs nothing has droped pretty much it scored better lol

This is pretty much what every user reports except you. I ran all three operating systems with the same hardware configuration. 3dMark 06 was run immediately after a fresh install of the OP. CPU-Z shows x6 multiplier instead of x9 because of C1E being enabled. These screenshots say more then all the words posted so far.

Vista 32 Bit

3d06v32ls.jpg

Vista 64 Bit

3d06v64s.jpg

XP 32 Bit

3d06xps.jpg

well i guess my systems are one of kind than lol because why whould i lie about it?

if xp was scoreing better and faster on my system than vista i whould of went right back to xp with sp3 in a heart beat.

also im on ati chipset and ati video card so maybee vista goes for ati more.

because i see more peaple haveing problems with vista with nvidia cards and chipsets than i see with ati users.

tho my laptip peform better in vista which had a intel chipset and a 7800gtx so i dont know but i put xp back on because crysis haveing sound problems with vista with certain sound cards because of drivers.

also i ran superpi lastnight on xp fresh install on my test drive and i got same time as i do on vista so no change there also:)

also if i get a chance i post screenshots of vista and xp benchs on 05 and 06 tho i never go by benchs for performence becuase they not the same as playing real games like crysis and gears of war:)

IIf you've fun 3dMark or other bench marking utilities in both XP and Vista with the same hardware then post some screenshots.

Same hardware and configuration with a fresh install for each operating system.

also im on ati chipset and ati video card so maybee vista goes for ati more.

because i see more peaple haveing problems with vista with nvidia cards and chipsets than i see with ati users.

An ATI chipset and/or video card have nothing to do with what you are claiming. I have both here and see the same difference in performance as I've shown with Intel/nVidia.

ok i get some screen shots up later on.

also the xp is fresh installed

vista aint which i cant realy do now because its my main windows tho does it realy matter because when it scores better with more stuff runing it whould prove it even more tho wont be fair for vista but we see how it goes:)

but xp was fresh installed lastnight for overclocking so i wont mess up my main windows:)

but i try to get those screenshots up soon.

but everything going to be the same overclock and hardware tho not sure about drivers because xp and vistas aint the same.