your second hobby?

ArchVile

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hobbys and fascinations have come and gone in my trek through life. But the ones that I'm continually endeared to are; (in no particular order)

Bass Fishing

Deer and Bird Hunting

Gun Collecting

Softball

Golf

Computers and Networking

In no particular order:

benchrest shooting

reading

. (I have the libido fo a circus monkey)

hitting the gym

@kitfit: what openings do you favor for white and black (do you prefer open, semi-open or closed positions on the board?)

@kitfit: what openings do you favor for white and black (do you prefer open, semi-open or closed positions on the board?)

Normally it depends on who i am playing. If i hav'nt played my oponnent before and i am White, i tend to play from a closed position, but certainly not for more than 4 or 5 moves. If i am Black i tend to play closed for as long as possible using both Knights and Bishops.

Playing someone i know well, i alter everything i do on from one game to the next. A friend that i play at least a couple of times a week (who is a grand Master) get's very annoyed when he can't predict my mindset. When he is annoyed, he makes big mistakes and on the whole i win about a third of our games :)

Wow, if you are taking 1 of 3 from a grandmaster, that would put your rating...a conservative estimate, around 2300. Yes, you have played a lot over the years. LOL

Keep in mind, he is a friend and we have been playing each other for over 30 years. When we have been playing against each other in tournaments, he has ALWAYS beaten me :sad:

I have a YFZ450 Quad and a ToyBox trailer. I like to go riding and camping with my friends about once a month during the season, fall-winter-spring months. I guess that qualifies as some kind of hobby.

I built and raced radio control sailboats for years but thats on the back burner now. (search- American Model Yachting Association)

I hit balls and golf occasionally, I guess thats something of a hobby too... not sure.

Oh, Online Gaming, still a mad passion.