8800 GT SC 512mb/ help!

kenbow

I just upgraded my 7800GT to a 8800GT and i only gained about 2 fps on Crysis, i was wondering if my Motherboard and CPU are the reason for very little gain? I have a DFI Infinity nF4X and a AMD skt 754 3700+ with 2 gigs of corsair xms memory. What do you Pros think?

I just upgraded my 7800GT to a 8800GT and i only gained about 2 fps on Crysis, i was wondering if my Motherboard and CPU are the reason for very little gain? I have a DFI Infinity nF4X and a AMD skt 754 3700+ with 2 gigs of corsair xms memory. What do you Pros think?

Your system is killing you.

Viper

:sad:1024x768 and all low settings

That's your answer man...at that resolution and setting the game is mostly CPU bound, so your aging athlon64 socket 754 SINGLE channel is a serious bottleneck, you might as well increase the resolution and quality settings and play at the same frame rates...

^^^What he said. Your gpu isn't the limit when you are on a platform that is approaching four years in age, unfortunately. Time to pick up one of those shiny new Intel processors and join the dark side. a Q6600+Board+ram should put about a $500 dent in the wallet that is a serious improvement over your platform (arguably ~6 times the speed in applications that can take advantage of 4 cores).