Project: Cm 690 Water Cooled - Worklog (pics, Pics, And More Pics)

Guest r3d c0m3t

I'm digging this, makes me want to get off of my lazy arse and experiment with modding some no-longer-used cases I've got lying around the house. :)

Great job, looking forward to more progress and seeing it finished.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad. I think the rubber molding may help reduce vibrations. IDK if you D5 is a variable speed model or not, but mine is and tends to be a little loud at setting #5.

The pump is a variable speed :). Now if it rattles the case....I could push the pump back (there might be a 1/4") allowing it not to touch the hd cage.....it would be close, the discharge line might hit then.

Looking real good, I like how the pump fits in so well that it appears to actually belong there. :)

The look I was hoping for ;). There won't be much room with the PSU, space is limited.

The U-channel came from mnpctech.com .....it's soft rubber and works great. I was almost out, so I order slim c-strip from frozencpu.com....this is thinner but a litttle harder rubber/plastic, it also has precut edging to help with corners.

Thanks for the compliments and ideas. :)

Here's the difference in the trim:

trimes9.jpg

Are those fan positions final? Will you be blowing case air out through the radiator?

The top 3 fans will have to stay, as for all the others, I'm up for ideas. The radiator will have air pulled from the case, exhusted out the top mesh.

The U-channel came from mnpctech.com .....it's soft rubber and works great. I was almost out, so I order slim c-strip from frozencpu.com....this is thinner but a litttle harder rubber/plastic, it also has precut edging to help with corners.

Thanks for the compliments and ideas. :)

Here's the difference in the trim:

trimes9.jpg

I have both of those in my workshop, and one other difference I'd like to point out is the thickness of the groove inside. The MNPCTech stuff works better for thin material like mesh and stuff, but the FrozenCPU stuff was needed for thicker material, like the body of my Lian Li case.