Project: Cm 690 Water Cooled - Worklog (pics, Pics, And More Pics)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fan controller, drive, and memory fan cooler film was an earlier mod (sorry no pics).

I will be using the CF film to cover the AC Ryan sticker on the uv fans.....it went like this :)

1001411sb1.jpg

1001414lq5.jpg

1001439pj1.jpg

1001452gn9.jpg

I want to cover the space below the hd's.....maybe use the same mesh as I did on the top with a uv green acrylic behind it.....any ideas?

The picture also shows the silver backed case panel, something that will be painted a different color.

1001481ze1.jpg

Thanks everybody for your ideas and compliments. :D

Thanks momoceio :) Painting is harder than it looks.

I seen catkicker use this sleeving (fans too) and really liked the look. I ordered a few extras ;)

I sleeved the D5 pump, power-reset switches and leds.

1001175cx4.jpg

1001220ky0.jpg

Great job on the paint job. I do know from recent experience that painting a case is time consuming & somewhat of a PITA.

The AC Ryan fans are awesome fans and the UV green sleeving really stands out in that case. The UV green on the DFI board should look awesome with the help of the AC Ryan fans.

I also noticed the fine job you did on the sleeving of the Front panel wiring.

I think a piece of the modders mesh will look fine covering that area. I used some of this to go around the edges of a piece of modders mesh to give it a nice finished look.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...oducts_id=21505

Guest r3d c0m3t

Awesome job on the mod, man. I really like the CF film covering the retail sticker, it creates a hypnotizing-black-hole-effect. :eek2:

Very nice, indeed.

Put a peice of that two-way mirror acrylic to hide that spot :tooth:

That stuff is liek gold and would have been perfect. I do have a green and a blue sheet of uv acrylic.

Great job on the paint job. I do know from recent experience that painting a case is time consuming & somewhat of a PITA.

The AC Ryan fans are awesome fans and the UV green sleeving really stands out in that case. The UV green on the DFI board should look awesome with the help of the AC Ryan fans.

I also noticed the fine job you did on the sleeving of the Front panel wiring.

I think a piece of the modders mesh will look fine covering that area. I used some of this to go around the edges of a piece of modders mesh to give it a nice finished look.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...oducts_id=21505

Painting a case requires patients, something I have little ;) Thanks for showing your work, painting and sleeving. The mesh should work.....

Awesome job on the mod, man. I really like the CF film covering the retail sticker, it creates a hypnotizing-black-hole-effect. :eek2:

Very nice, indeed.

Thanks! Like you say I put the CF film over the sticker, it had a metallic backing for the fan.

This is what I had in mind to cover the bottom hd cage :)

1001488mz6.jpg1001490sr0.jpg

The cover is turning out OK. Still more work to but here's the general idea of how it looks.

I cut the mesh and used the wooden block the form the edges.

1001493zv3.jpg

Mesh bent and acrylic cut.

1001534kf2.jpg

I sanded all sides of the uv green acrylic and just set the cover in place.

1001589oo9.jpg

UV lights ON

1001591yn3.jpg

1001612kv8.jpg

I still have more work.....for the next few days.....I'm on vacation :D. I'll be going to Nashville and meeting up with the family, it should be fun, I never been to that part of the country. My mind could change on the cover by the time I get back. I really don't like how its turning out.