Sign in to follow this  
flexbuffchest

[Resolved] another comp wont start

all of a sudden yesterday my computer acted like it went into hibernation mode, except i have had hibernation mode turned off for several years now. anyway i go to try and turn on my comp and all the lights inside my case come on and all the fans do aswell but nothing comes up on my screen and it just sits there in that state indefinitely. my computer specs are

amd x2 4400+

2 gigs ram

x1900xt

sound blaster live! 24 bit

80 gig HDD

250 gig HDD

dfi lanparty nf4 UT ultra D

ocz modstream 520w

Now the weird thing is that on the motherboard all the LEDs light up

http://img230.imageshack.us/im...29/lputnf4slid1ix1.jpg

1) these LEDs according to my manual indicate that (in order) the system started up, the cpu was detected, the ram was detected, and then the video card was detected, but the system isnt booting up.

2)the manual says this LED is for "Standby Power LED"

3) this LED says "ram power LED"

i also know for a fact that the video card isnt an issue because i swapped in a old x800 that i know is fine and the computer didnt boot up. i dont claim to know much about computers but my guess is that my power supply suddenly stopped working at what it should be. any help would be greatly appreciated as i kinda need to get my computer up and running so i can do my homework and theres like 2 weeks left of class this semester thanks!

Hello,

Your link does not work, URL has ... in it.

How many Red LEDs are lit?

4 = CPU issue.

Have you been overclocking the PC?

Clear the CMOS using only the jumper. (move it to the clear position for 10mins).

Remove your PCI sound card.

Disconnect all IDE cables + power cables to drives.

After the 10mins, move the CMOS jumper back to the save position and power the PC.

Any change?

Doesn't sound like a PSU issue to me.

As Sharp said, try clearing the CMOS and setting it up as a minimal build outside the case.

the 1900 ATI card does draw a lot of power, i know my OCZ 520 is right at its edge with my setup and an X1950XTX, so, it could still be the PS, even the recommended ones can go bad after a period of a couple of years......

ditto on Radodrill's build suggestion, basic outside case build, one stick of ramski.....

do you have another PS you could try? it can answer some questions....

laterzzzzz.....

Hello,

Your link does not work, URL has ... in it.

How many Red LEDs are lit?

4 = CPU issue.

Have you been overclocking the PC?

Clear the CMOS using only the jumper. (move it to the clear position for 10mins).

Remove your PCI sound card.

Disconnect all IDE cables + power cables to drives.

After the 10mins, move the CMOS jumper back to the save position and power the PC.

Any change?

yes all 4 LEDs in the bottom left are on, and the LED next to the the ram slots are on heres a new link

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/9351/lputnf4slid1pv6.jpg

also how do you clear the CMOS? ive never done that before

hey guys, sorry i haven't replied in a while. anyway my dad took my computer to someone at his work so i didn't have a chance to try and reset the cmos but the problem did in fact being the power supply. now ill have to somehow find some money to get one:confused: