ugh im using norton...

I have Norton corporate on one of my computers and it works ten times better than the junk they sell to consumers.

I thought the same thing for 7 years of paying through the nose until it let in an ugly trojan on my network and didn't catch it for who knows how long until one machine just started crashing regularly...then I got really suspicious and started hitting all the av's out there and none but 2 saw what was happening =/

I really loved Norton for a LONG time though. Kaspersky is awesome as long as you do regular mode...you do advanced or whatever and man ANYTHING a program tries to do Kas is all "hey do you want to allow this? this? that? this? how about this?" just like that damn Mac commercial about Vista.

NOD32 runs on half the network (and it was the other that found the problem when I installed it to another machine after removing Norton crap and that was when I realized just how bad it was, every $#$ machine had it...) and I've found it to be just as good as Kas, with just as small of a footprint (but let's be honest here...ALL anti-viruses have a significant footprint, just like all Windows OS's do, some a LOT more than others).

I'm glad to hear KAS is now 50% off lol. That makes it a steal honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

I can get you F-Secure for 37.00 bucks.. Let me tell u it is awesome.. once an email came in from my "Niece" and it had a bug F-Secure encripted it so fast I was like what the hell.

I have used it now 3 yrs. BTW my banker and I went in and bought 10 licences for our computers (yea I have 5) and getting ready to build another one.. The banks around here use it too..

Norton is the first thing to go ... out the window. Were it not for all the OEM's including it on their systems, Norton AV would be history. The only people left using Norton are those who know little to nothing about computers. It is totally bloated and totally intrusive. Who needs a virus when you can have Norton.

Guest RandallTank
I was recommended NOD32 a couple years ago and haven't gone back. It works well and quietly while not slowing anything down.

same thing happened to me