I did not get an Antec 900 to drown my sorrows...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10+ hours stable in Orthos. Broke 14K in 3Dmark06 with my 8800 GT overclocked to 735core/1800shader/1000mem.

CPU is at 9x 445 1775QDR 1.52v. RAM is clocked to 950 5-6-5-15 2t

But other stuff is not stable with the vid card overclocked to that, i can't finish any of the other 3Dmark benches (2001, 03 or 05) and Half Life 2 :Lost Coast stress test crashes at those clocks....which it didn't before. i think because of insufficient RAM and vreg cooling....and i will have those crappy heat sinks replaced by next week.

I'm just green with envy :)

Nice work Bro!

Almost forgot to say....Thanks!

I am guessing that I will shorten the loop in Feb, maybe add a second separate loop for the NB and SB, switch from this PC Chill to water and biocide to see if I can lower CPU temps even more. I am also going to get some higher speed fans for the 360 rad sometime in the next month to test with. If I get the results I want from those, I will leave it at one loop after rearranging a few things.

I really can't wait for those ramsinks i linked to earlier, I really think that the ones that are on there now are what killed my OC on the vid card. I was able to run everything at the 710/1010 o/c i had with the stock 8800GT fan on. Sure the GPU temp is 15C lower, but I lost the efficiency of the cooling on the ram and vregs.

The roomie is back (with her camera), I should clear off that part of the desk and take a new pic.

thumb_case13.jpg

The side drive bay cover is secured in place, had to find screws that did not prevent the side panel from going on...that was fun. My OCZ RAM cooler that I ordered also arrived and that is now mounted. Bright little sucker.

I still have new SATA cables to acquire so the front can get finished. maybe by next weekend.

Nvidia loves me and sent me a copy of Crysis. I have to to install now too.

Oh yeah, They tossed in the LARGEST SLI sticker I have ever seen. This thing is the king kong of case badges.

• 2 weeks later...

I typed an update out last night, but I must have forgotten to actually post it.

Oh well.

So, the 90degree SATA cables in a workable length (why must they jump from 18 inches to 36?) came yesterday and are in now, so hopefully I can finish the front panels this weekend.

I also picked up 6 new fans from www.jab-tech.com. They are Yate Loon DS12M-12C. 66CFM (better than the 44cfm of the Coolermaster's I had, quieter too!). I might have been imagining it, but my temps dropped with only three of them in a "pull" config, I will see if three more pushing will make a difference.

Also got some nifty Flexo-PET sleeving, Momoceio, you might want to check these out, they would go really well with the carbon fiber look you are going for.

I am also going to do some testing over the weekend, I am thinking that i might get better results by going to a parallel loop. If I put Y connectors before the rad and after the pump, I might be able to get good cooling results since both the MC-TDC and 680i MCP waterblocks are impingement type blocks and tend to restrict the flow.

I will test this weekend and see if it will work.

Also adding a fill port.

While I leak test, I should have plenty of time to work on the front panel, the DVD-R mod and wire sleeving like a mofo.