Sign in to follow this  
asifqabil

[Resolved] nf4 sli dr no post.4 leds on stuck

My apologies, the thread title is wrong.

Can you edit it for him please?

I need to run out.

Will do.

Asif, I'm going to edit the title of your thread to reflect the fact that you have an Expert board, and not a regular SLi DR board.

yeah thats fine.i took all the precautions.i have an anti ststic wrist strap.i have tried a minimal build but no go.tried different psu too.im just surprised that the cpu is staying cold.it seems like no power is getting to the cpu.

dunno what to do

before swapping processors, did you clear the cmos and then reload optimized defaults?

if not, do you remember what voltage settings you were using with the previous processor?

Any chance that thermal paste or other debris got down into one of the socket holes when you were swapping out the processors?

At this point I'd remove the processor and use some 90% rubbing alcohol and a soft toothbrush to clean out the pin holes in the socket. Then thoroughly dry with a can of dust off compressed air.

I'm kind of out of ideas otherwise. If your processor and memory work in another board, but you can't get either processor to work in the Expert board now, then it sounds like a motherboard problem for whatever cause or reason.

If you have a spare psu laying around you might give that a try just for slitz and giggles.

i forgot to mention i got the board as second user board but fully working as said by the seller.but its got silicone around the cpu socket.

i forgot to mention i got the board as second user board but fully working as said by the seller.but its got silicone around the cpu socket.

Thats probably not a good sign.

Did you ask the seller why there was silicon around the socket? Either a backyard repair job or he possibly had TEC cooling and was using the silicon to insulate around the socket?

Hopefully he'll be upright with you and offer you a refund.

yeah i asked him and he said it was to protect the cpu.abit weird but he has offered me a refund.its just a waste of time and postage.

never mind

Is it ok to mark this thread as resolved then and close it out?

"yeah i asked him and he said it was to protect the cpu"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sillycon = pelt or phase change, also, I would be lokking for remants of dielectric grease on the zif socket, can not think of any other reason to have it. Could be the previous owner pushed the Heck out of her, take the refund, get another board....

good luck...

laterzzzzz....