Sign in to follow this  
red930

Another sleepless night

I just took on a laptop hard drive recovery job. Its for a local start-up business who did not heed my words to perform regular backups of the information they hold dear.

I estimate (from the amount of critical information present) that it will take me at least nine hours to recover the data through manual methods as no other software recovery methods have proven themselves to be as efficient.

Damn it sucks to be me right now considering I have a regular 8am to 5/6pm job I work.

I'll chat with you all later once I am done with this.

ive used Zero Assumption Recovery software for a currupt MFT on one of my drive and even after formating the drive i still manage to get 96% of my data back took the whole night to scan/recovery

but when i wake up everything was done

website http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

You do data recovery? Do you deal with physical drive failures or just data?

Both types.

In this particular instance the drive had a buttload of soft sector errors.

I got all their critical data off and stored on a external 300GB drive. As soon as the replacement drive gets here (overnight shipping, will arrive on Friday) I'll get the restore done then re-integrate their data and software settings back on.

I am so freakin' pissed right now it isn't even remotely funny.

I busted my butt to give the people in question the best service possible AND FULLFILLED my obligations as I VERBALLY and CONTRACTURALLY promised with THEIR SIGNATURE on the documents.

So what happened? They wrote me a check which bounced.

I have attempted every means to contact them since the service was rendered. All instances have been met with either an answering machine or busy signal.

Unless they have the dignity to rectify the situation BEFORE I SUBMIT THIS CASE to the Attorney General's office; then, they are screwed; legally and morally.

I say you get out that chainsaw and go to town again Ace :)

Lot of places to hide a dismembered body in Eureka.

Show them folks that nobody fugs with AceGoober :D

(Gawd, I miss your old avatar)

P.S. I'm talkin' smack at ya over in FFL.

This weekend won't make things any better :D

Depending on the amount of the check, that very well could be a felony committed on their part.

I would turn it over to the local prosecuting attorney's office and I'll bet that you get a quicker resolution.