$200 cash prize logo contest!

Angry_Games

Ok kids, my very friendly friend David Bararuk has retired from professional hockey, but has been working on starting up a new business in Canada.

He needs your help building a logo/banner for his company's website which will be going up after Christmas (Tmod will be building it for him, and I'll be hosting it on the DIY server to help alleviate the cost of keeping my own sites up and running)

He's offering $200.00 US/Canada funds (funds are whichever country the contest winner lives in, except EU, which would probably be USA funds) to the person who designs a logo/banner for him, which is a pretty good Xmas present for those of you who are good at Photoshop/graphics.

He's going to register at the forum and check in once in a while to see how you guys are doing, and give you hints or encouragement for the logos he likes.

As far as we know right now, the website banner will be standard fare like our own DIY-Street logo up at the top of this website when it comes to size, plus he'll want a smaller logo that can be attached to emails, added to certain areas of the site, etc. Normally it will just be a scaled-down version of what's in the banner, and the smaller logo won't need text, but you can try it with some text overlay (Breakaway Training) to see how it looks, as well as allowing him to see how it looks.

Here's a little info from him that will help you get started, but by no means is this the ONLY format you can use...you guys are full of imagination (look at the Custom Sig thread to see how good a lot of you guys are at Photoshop etc), and with his direction and your imagination, I'm sure you can come up with something killer that he will like and you can use the $200 to buy yourself that new Phenom cpu lol:

background like a black or dark grey

I want to incorporate a feeling of movement in my logo

Maybe mixed in with colors of white or maybe even lime green in the logo

Im trying to incorporate a strong masculin feeling

Breakaway Training is the name of the site/business

nothing cheesy (this means Angry can't enter the contest booo!!!!)

Here's a Nike logo that he sent me to sorta give a little idea:

bararuk_logo-1.gif

Once again, this is just an idea. You can make it anything you want. But the theme is hockey off-ice training for the moment.

He'll be along to answer any questions or offer any insights or ideas as we go along, so don't be afraid to ask questions if you are entering this contest, as only David knows what he wants, but like most of us, he doesn't know EXACTLY what he wants until he sees it ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I don't know. I guess so, but we'll have to ask Tmod if he's ok with inserting Flash but I don't see why not...try to remember to keep it small in file size though as nothing is worse than waiting 30 seconds for some damn flash nonsense to load. This is going to be a pretty basic site but the logo should be one that lasts through many iterations and evolutions ;)

Thank you to everyone for taking on this challenge. Anyone who wishes to join in on the fun can at any time before the deadline. As Angry instructed I do not know exactly what i want. Those Specs that are up there for the logo are just for ideas and will not be judge on those characteristics. So use your imagination and make anything that you can come up with. Obviously the more ideas the better. So you don't just have to submit one, you can do as many as you can come up with. Feel free to ask any questions at anytime as i will check in from time to time. If it has to deal with computer stuff you will have to relay that message to Angry as I know nothing about bites or whatever. So good luck be creative and have fun.

BREAKAWAY TRAINING

Yep I am fine with flash, May want to consider having a flash introduction page and a regular non flash page for the bandwidth challenged.

Tmod