Is my Motherboard dead ?

Hello all, I have a big problem with my DFI

I have a computer since a while (two years), it has always runs perfectly except yesterday..... I've shutdown the PC because I was going to sleep and this morning my computer does not want to boot anymore.... o_o'

Config is :

Mb : DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D

Cpu : Opteron 165

Ram : 2x1Go GSkill

Gpu : Sapphire X800 GTO² PCI-E

Psu : Hyper 580W

I have a second computer with Abit NF7-S, so I've tested the PSU and the RAM, they works....

I can't test the CPU, butt if my CPU was dead I'll hear "beep beep" from the buzzer and I'll smell like a toasted CPU.

I've tried to reset CMOS and remove the battery, this does not work.

I'm using the initial build posted by Angry_Games (Mb + Gpu + Psu + Ram, no more), I've tried without GPU it does not work too.

The Standy Power LED is Orange, DRAM power LED is off but I've read that this LED is on only when the PC boot up.

I don't understand, I think my motherboard got a suddent death.... and warranty does not work anymore (two years).

Anyone has ideas please ?

I have not the 4 diagnostic LED.

This option is for Expert version, Ultra-D has only one LED entitled "Standy Power LED" instead.

When I turn the power on it does nothing, no fan starting, no noise, nothing.

I've finally checked my CPU, it is good looking, no particual smells, no black corner, thermal grease is present, CPU is ok.

Hello,

what happens if you power the board with just the CPU + cooler, Memory and PSU?

(No gfx card/hard drives and remove all IDE cables.)

Does it power up?

And the ultra-D does have the 4 RED diagnostic LEDs, but they only work if the board comes on/fans spin.

Without the GPU it's the same, no boot, no fans, no noise.

There are no floppy/hd/cdrom plugged to the board.

What do you mean by "but they only work if the board comes on/fans spin".

I've check on my board and on the manual, I've 4 led but I have not the pins under these Leds, is there a way to activate them ?

I have not the 4 diagnostic LED.

This option is for Expert version, Ultra-D has only one LED entitled "Standy Power LED" instead.

When I turn the power on it does nothing, no fan starting, no noise, nothing

You do have 4 diagnostic led's, they are at the bottom left hand side of your mobo, next to the stand off screw. If nothing is happening it can only be a dead mobo or PSU. I am assuming that all 4 power connectors are connected ?

PSU was tested with a NF7-S board and is working.

4 power connectors are plugged.

The four diagnostic LED does not light on, only the one entitled "Standby Power Supply" is on.

So my Motherboard is dead..... pfffff I'm sick

How long is DFI Warranty please ?

problem localized : it's a suddent incompatibility with my PSU (Hiper 580W).

I've found a person on a french forum who got the same problem with a Seasonic 500W, one day it just stopped working.

I've tested my DFI a couple of second with a 350W noname and the DFI boot !

What the hell is this problem ?

My motherboard works (with 350W noname), my PSU works (tested on NF7-S), the couple has works perfectly for two years and...... today appears a suddent incompatibility =(

Have you ever seen a similiar problem ?

and, the feedback load sensor in the high powered Hiper went wacko, just goes to show you that all HO PSU's are not all equal, and one of the most common problems with these boards.

here is a link to the DFI recommended PS's, i strongly suggest you stick to the proven PS's listed therein, there are also references to PSU's to AVOID....

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread...fi+power+supply

laterzzzz......