Volcano9 Vs Stock

currently im am using stock cooling, my idlel temp is 39c load max at 45c, i have a volcno 9 on my old 800 duron, would the volcno 9 cool my amd 2600 better then the stock. since the volcano 9 could only cool up to 2600, do you guys think if i put the volcano 9 on my 2600 would it be cooler then 39c on idle with the fan set to the lowest rpm

thanks in advance

kevin

ok its better, but would it still cool better even if i leave the fan on the lowest rpm, since i wacth movies on my computer and want it wuite sometime, i'm kinda tight on money since i just built my system, and i don't work since im still in high school, but i have a volcano in my old comp just wondering... if it would cool my 2600barton lower then 39c on idle if the volcno9 is left on the lowest rpm

uhm...im not a fan of messing with the cpu since i don't got the cash to mess things up...well i'm not really welling to put on as3 and void the warranty until after 3 year: ;) , so i want some really good advice before i decide to switch it, does anyone have a volcano 9 on a 2600barton? tell me your result if possible,

but thanks for the advice

heres some good advice. Put as5 on your chip and forget about it. AMD isnt gonna deny an rma cause you used as5. They claim it voids the warranty but if you clean off the compound good enough they wont even know what you used. Besides, unless you overclock your chip or put your heatsink on extremely the wrong way, nothing is gonna happen to your chip. If you want to keep a low temp and have low noise, get a better heatsink than the volcano 9, something like the slk900(a) or something like that, cause itll cool much better, that way you can turn down the fan and get comparable temperatures.