Before 21: hate alcohol...turned 21: tried it and STILL hate it

ArchVile

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one ever died from NOT drinking alcohol

Well, that's not entirely true. In medieval times when sanitation was nonexistant... LOL :sweat:

Don't mind that comment. Hahah. I'd say you're headed in the correct direction. Most college kiddies drink to get drunk (or worse). I think it's silly. And dangerous.

I'll stick to my beer or two with dinner once every couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Oh, and not only old people drink the stronger stuff. Most people are used to serving beer straight outta the fridge, but that's really only for the "insert typical cheap pale lager here". If you have a "real beer" you might want to spend a minute figuring out what temperature it should be served at. Might change that stout from bitter to well rounded and very smooth. Just my humble opinion. :)

Very true, temperature makes a huge difference. It took me years to get used to American beer, German beer is so but better tasting. The only hard liqueur I like is tequila, and it's gotta be the good stuff.

A fair portion of the medical and legal profession depends on personal consumption alcohol. Lots of police officers would need to retire if their public safety purpose was no longer required. Doctors too. :rolleyes: And not to mention all the public support organizations that help heal the life crisis's often a result from alcohol use. Good for you ArchVile

I love beer, must have something to do with my heritage :D

You got that right, you guys invented beer, he he he lol, if I'm not wrong. I normally drink Heine's, but I get off of the beer for at least a month to have a bit of fresh taste on the mouth, then I go for Warsteiner.

For you ArchVile, you're not missing on anything by not drinking beer. I know its great sometimes to have an excellent bottle enjoyed with family on special occassions like the way I enjoy it but, there are many other ways to enjoy a party. The only other reason to drink is to get drunk.

i did my share of drinking from 13-19. On my 19th birthday I got so wasted that I puked/dry-heaved for a few hours straight. Got home, ate a can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli, went to bed, woke up a few hours later, puked it all over my bed, the floor, and all the way into the bathroom, then passed out on the bathroom floor with puke stuck to my face which was stuck to the side of the bathtub.

I've had a total of maybe 6 drinks since then (I'm 34 now). Two of those drinks were when momma and ExRoadie and I were in Las Vegas.

Alcohol is nasty as ., and what it does to you is even nastier.

I don't hate on people drinking, I just won't ever touch the stuff again except maybe once every 4 years I'll have a single drink (usually a glass of red wine with dinner)

Yeah, I've never been drunk and have decided to keep it that way. I also don't go to parties because being sober around drunk people is about the worst time you'll have. Alcohol is good for you in small amounts though, helps prevent things like heart disease and stroke. Too much though and you're liver is toast.

Yeah, I've never been drunk and have decided to keep it that way. I also don't go to parties because being sober around drunk people is about the worst time you'll have. Alcohol is good for you in small amounts though, helps prevent things like heart disease and stroke. Too much though and you're liver is toast.

umm...not all alcohol is good for you lol. Health experts mostly suggest red wine once a day or every other day, but I've never heard any doctors or health experts say that beer or distilled alcohol is good for you lol

umm...not all alcohol is good for you lol. Health experts mostly suggest red wine once a day or every other day, but I've never heard any doctors or health experts say that beer or distilled alcohol is good for you lol

Yeah, I think it's the antioxidants in the grapes that are what's good for you.