dual chip, 4 LED's, freezing and all that jazz

yep, all 3 power leads plugged in.

not sure what a PWM is but the chipset and processor are running cool enough (the chipset fan revs up more when i'm running both graphics cards but not constantly) I have noticed that it doesn't freeze up so much anymore though the restart issue is the same.

I'll try your suggestions and report soon.

I was chatting to another repair shop and the guy recons that most dual core processors require a single 12v rail power supply to work affectively and that they tend to freeze during gaming up otherwise. something to do with voltage stability. anyone else heard about this?

He is not quite right about that, when the first dual rail power supplies came out there were a few issues with how the power was distributed.

If too much was taken from one rail it would cause problems but that was for any pc not just a dual core cpu.

Now things are different and this is no longer an issue.

I have a similar problem. Since I upgrade my CPU, it won't boot instantly. It will boot eventually after I keep trying for a long time - turn it on, 4 led or 3 led, unplug power, push power switch several times, plug it back in and turn in on again and keep repeating for 5-10 mins. If it don't work, than just let it sit for a hour and keep trying.

I have not turn off my computer for months because of this problem. Funny thing is if I restart from window, it boots up everytimes.

I just installed a new hd-dvd/blueray combo drive last night and had to turn off the power. Now it won't start again.:mad:

Hey Jarrick,

You said you had "all 3" power plugs in the board? There are actually 4 spots to plug in power on a Lanparty....

No Jarrick is correct, he is running an Expert mobo if you look at his sig, your is an Ultra-D the boards are different and as such his only has 3 power connectors, dont get the boards or the OP mixed up ;)

Logan