Sign in to follow this  
Guest SuppA-SnipA_merged

whats up with DFI

Guest SuppA-SnipA

so whats going on with dfi, i only see intel boards from them now, are they still number one in the overclocking world?

for my next rig, should i consider something else besides dfi? :

Guest SuppA-SnipA

ya..next pc its a different board, i want to try others, for one reason im not considering asus, cuz my dad has his unstable butt s939 board, but it was one of the first 939 boards, maybe im being to tough on em

Check out Gigabyte stuff! After all the DFI 939 madness ended I got a Gigabyte P35-DQ6 and have to say this is the best board I ever owned! Runs my Quad at 3.8. No reboots while OC'ing or any other nonsense you had to deal with on a DFI board. Another point is the price DFI wants for their product.

should i consider something else besides dfi? :

Along with DFI I consider Abit and Biostar both solid choices, with the Abit tending to be more performance-based though Biostar has had some real gems of late. Didn't care for my Gigabyte DS3 at all so it'll probably be a while before I try them again, if at all.

Guest SuppA-SnipA
Check out Gigabyte stuff! After all the DFI 939 madness ended I got a Gigabyte P35-DQ6 and have to say this is the best board I ever owned! Runs my Quad at 3.8. No reboots while OC'ing or any other nonsense you had to deal with on a DFI board. Another point is the price DFI wants for their product.

what exactly do u mean by "No reboots while OC'ing or any other nonsense you had to deal with on a DFI board. " when would u reboot? or are u talking about random reboots?

nice OC by the way :)