Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

The Angry Phenom (or: How I Love-Hate AMD!)

First off, I can't believe I read through that in one sitting.

But I will have to agree. I am a highschool senior. I have little spare time (well I should have little, but I don't have much homework and stuff anymore). I work a deadbeat job (11/hr is rough when you are 17 and have no bills to pay, then again maybe if I actually went once in awhile).

I got flamed for using 939 (a "dead socket") and an opty 170 (because the c2d is WAY better) and an 8600GT (that my friend bought for me as a temp card until he takes it back). Nice thing about my old used parts rig, I don't need to buy new ram, psu, heatsink to fit it. I can reuse my powersupply, my ram, my heatsink. I spent what, 200 bucks on what to me is a brand new rig. And it works for what I do, sits on a desk, surfs the web, watches some movies. Sure I dip into gaming once in awhile, but I don't use huge resolutions, infact I don't think I have ever changed the screen resolution. And I don't care how cool something looks, I will leave that for the review. I am perfectly content playing my jagged game.

Thats all I wanted to say.

Sparky....

Dont let anyone....no ANYONE bust your balls for doing what you do or using what you use....

what you do is just fine...if you live your life by your peers you will end up like one of A_G's slogans (A sad sexual harassment panda)

you build with what you have and what you can afford to build....if it's 754, 939 or even Socket A....who the Hell cares it's your rig and your stuff...

All in all it gains you experience with every platform you play with...staying with current technology is like trying to keep up with the Jone's....not really a smart move...

Who cares what others think....just be happy and realistic...

my main rig is still the same as yours...a NF3-250gb lanparty....so it's old and outdated but the internet I use it to surf with and media player I use to play my music doesnt care one way or the other....doc

haha if it bothered me, I wouldn't be using it.

It all goes down to best bang for the buck. My 754 is running fine. Now just to find it a case.

Wow interesting read, and some of it is extremely true. I have to admit that my 975 rig doesnt give me the same warm and fuzzy feeling when O/Cing as my old 144 opteron in the DFI expert. I do however like what i get ATM as its the best bang per buck out there (free :D) If I didn't end up doing what I am this year then id still have my E6600 which when released was the best bang per buck cpu.

On a separate note I guess Im not the only person in here who just enjoys messing with my pc for the sheer hell of it, and i guess having different equipment to play with once in a while does make it that much more fun. The cheaper you can get it the better!

I can’t believe I read the whole thing!

Angry is like AMD Never give up on a solid piece of work. Good Stuff.

My LanParty is solid, built it here on the good ol’ DIY; (back in the day there was a different acronym.)

See my sig…..I am going to upgrade my GPU to a 8800 GT or GTS. Everything I want and need

:cat:

How come I didn't used to like you but by some strange quirk we're now both on the same page?

If you can passionately spew out valid and entertaining stories at the rate that you do why not write a book?

Seriously now your rant would have taken me a day to write and not been nearly as effective.

Nice work Travis.

I can’t believe I read the whole thing!

Angry is like AMD Never give up on a solid piece of work. Good Stuff.

My LanParty is solid, built it here on the good ol’ DIY; (back in the day there was a different acronym.)

See my sig…..I am going to upgrade my GPU to a 8800 GT or GTS. Everything I want and need

:cat:

get the 8800GT. Don't even think about the GTS now.

How come I didn't used to like you but by some strange quirk we're now both on the same page?

If you can passionately spew out valid and entertaining stories at the rate that you do why not write a book?

Seriously now your rant would have taken me a day to write and not been nearly as effective.

Nice work Travis.

lol man you used to HATE me pretty badly (you say it wasn't that bad but I remember! heh)

I'm blessed with the ability to write and the ability to teach others...I just wish I could figure out how to use that ability to get this site on it's feet a little better.

Lol

Originally Posted by Electric Kool-Aid

I'm flipping the KVM switch to my Gigabyte rig for some Crysis.

Speaking of which I'm having a crisis trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be looking for at NK headquarters.

Btw the Sapphire 3850 is sweet.

Currently playing on 2x AA and medium settings.

When I get more practice in I'll move back to the living room and the Samsung LCD TV at 1360x780.

whats the NK headquarters thing?

I'm actually playing my REAL guitar for once in about 6+ months...Rock Band has made me interested in my instrument again finally (something not even Guitar Hero could do)

if you get a second 3850 for Xfire let us know!

Guest Blooz1

About time, A_G!

You alwys make me wonder how the hell you could be so interested in a lil' plastic guitar when ya could be messin' with the real deal!