Sign in to follow this  
flight doc89

Weird problem...

something stupid, when i hover my mouse over any of the icons in the lower-right corner, the popup box comes up behind the taskbar.

see attachment to see what i mean.

any idea how to fix it, so i can actually read these thing?

thanks!

Right click on the taskbar, go to properties. Untick "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows"

herekl0.png

You're right flight_doc89, I unchecked/rechecked the box and now my tooltip popups are above the taskbar :shrugs:

EDIT: Oh no, I forgot to recheck lol.

aww damnit, stupid computer....

unchecked, rechecked and that fixed it....for like ten minutes......:confused:

stupid windows

oh well, my taskbar is more important than tooltips, i guess i'll just get over it :(

It's spelled "weird" by the way. I know it's usually i before e except after c, so a good way to remember this is that it's literally spelled weird. :tooth:

When's the last time you reinstalled windows?

a year since reinstall (stupid windows crashed during an update, and windows wouldnt boot at all after that till i reinstalled :( ), prolly over two since reformat (that is coming soon, but i'm still saving movies, etc to dvd's)

a year since reinstall (stupid windows crashed during an update, and windows wouldnt boot at all after that till i reinstalled :( ), prolly over two since reformat (that is coming soon, but i'm still saving movies, etc to dvd's)

I've probably gone longer than that (not that I don't desperately need to), but it might help in your case. Out of curiosity, does reinstalling without reformatting keep your personal settings?

It's basically just doing a repair install and should keep all, or most of your settings.

I've had that problem on and off with the tray notifications, a restart makes it go away for me. I think it might happen after explorer.exe crashes and restarts, not sure though.

Same here...had it on all platforms of XP... more so when some wont close just right...like when I was burning a DVD and doing other stuff at the same time....