Sign in to follow this  
elito

is this a really weird clock?

i've OC'ed my 3800+ manchester to 2.4ghz stable(hopefully, only ran 3.5hrs of orthos, will do a 10+hrs run later on today) but i've got my mem set to a higher setting than what it is originally, its on a divider-forgot the exact fsb/dram ratio, but its rated 233mhz in bios. so basically im at a 466mhz atm, so is this a weird clock? that instead of limiting it to a lower value, its actually working with a higher value? and for the 3.5hrs, the vcore temps were at 55-56C the whole time. but will do a 10+hr run later on the day. i just wanted to ask that question.

you might want to have a look at those temps there a bit high for a 939. you sure its 233 @ the bios cause it might be 333 on the splash screen at start up, i'm on a divider and thats what i get

those were the temps when running orthos; when idle its at 24-29 and when web browsing..and such is 25-31, so i think these temps are pretty good? based on stock hsf... and yea at the splash screen it shows as ddr466, so yea im pretty sure its on 233 each. its a cpu/9 divider. but i was just wondering is it normal for it to be clocked this way...=/ i get great speed and better ram speed? lol?

well that's got me a bit stumped but if it works don't go messing, I'd be looking into some after market cooling if i were you you might even get a bit more out of your overclock

yea, i am indeed of planning in getting another cooler, thinking about the zerotherm butterfly effect series, looks pretty nice, but not much review and not so many oc'ers has reviewed on it yet, so idk if it'll work efficiently, but i dont wanna go with the zalman series, im trying to look for another alternative. thats all.

water water water the only way imo get the right set up and you can move it from platform to platform all my rigs are water cooled some with chillers as well works the best really

id love to use watercooling, but my budget is just limited..lol but anyhow, these are the results after 10hrs of orthos. have a look please. =] orthostx2.th.jpg

++i've managed to get this running under mem set at on a 166divider, ran 8hrs+ orthos with that aswell, my question now is, based on these 2 "stable" clocks which one would you guys recommend me on using? altho, the i've noticed that with the mem set at 166, my cpu temps were about 3-5C's lower than at 233 when running orthos. but idles about the same. i'd greatly appreciate any comments/advices - thanks.

If the 233 divider can run stable, then I'd go with that! More bandwidth isn't usually a bad thing. Did you change the timings to get to either one of those dividers? More info would be nice. If you didnt' change the timings, and don't have stability issues, go with 233 divider imho.

the timings for the 166 and 233 are the same; ironic that it works on both eh? but yea, i ran both sets in orthos with 1ohrs+ and they're both errors free.