Need a decent CPU Cooler for my Opteron 165 (939)

ahmadka

Hi guys....Well I'm looking for a good, efficient CPU Cooler for my AMD Opteron 165 (939 pin). I have looked through some comparison graphs and reviews at anadtech, and I have picked the following:

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

EnzoTech Ultra-X

Monsoon II Lite

Tunic Tower 120

Thermalright Ultra 120

Zalman CNPS9700

Cooler Master Hyper 6+

....although most of the above are a bit expensive :P....is there anything good in the $30~$40 range ? Or any good deal for any of the above ?

look at the Zalman 9500 series they are just as good as the 9700 and smaller and within 1-2c of the 9700....and can bet had for about your budget...

I have both and i'd definately get another one...they do have sales on them and I have seen them as low as 39.00...

I have also come across two classics: Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, and Thermalright XP-120.....I know both are good, but not sure how would they compare with uber cool stuff like Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, and Tuniq Tuner 120..

I can personally recommed the XP-120, at one point I had my 165 up to 2.7Ghz on stock volts. I lost the overclock when I had to reinstall my OS. So have to settle for 2.67 haha. My friend has the Tuniq and it cools better than the XP-120 but it is super duper huge. I mean half an inch from the side of the case haha, I love it.

I can personally recommed the XP-120, at one point I had my 165 up to 2.7Ghz on stock volts. I lost the overclock when I had to reinstall my OS. So have to settle for 2.67 haha. My friend has the Tuniq and it cools better than the XP-120 but it is super duper huge. I mean half an inch from the side of the case haha, I love it.

Hm...Well I am considering The AC 64 Pro, and the XP-120...dont know which to get :)..... I wish I could find some comparison between the two,..

I have an AC 64 Pro on my AM2 4000+ Brisbane. At stock voltage (1.23V), it idles at 22C.

At an O/C of 2950Mhz (1.4V) idle is 28C, load 46C (running Orthos)

And it's cheap! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...%2bCPU%2bCooler

hm...and how noisy is it at full load ?

EDIT: Newegg just increased AC Freezer 64 Pro's price from 20 bucks to 30 bucks :(

had a ac freezer pro on my 165 for a long time 54c load @2850 24/7-@3007-60c+ to hot for me. your mileage may vary! went to small water cool set up now34c-44c @3007 24/7. ac f pro found a new home on miss fastfish's biostar t550-brisbane@3000 never seen it hotter than 47c max load. after having this fan for 2+ yr's very happy with it. quiet,likes am2, also had t tower for one week with loud 120 fan,had to take it off.could have changed fan-went to wc. good luck!