Tired of all the fan boys....

I dont mind Fanboys....I just dont like the Cocky ones....

You know the one that reply to a question with a totally opposite answer...

Like a poster ask for advise on which AMD CPU to get and someone pops in and says why get AMD get the C2D....

That wasnt at all any help....

I dont consider myself a fanboy but I just like certain things....I like AMD and nVidia and Chevrolet....But I have Driven Fords and Intels and ATI....

If someone ask a question about a cetain product I will answer his/her question and not try to sway them to another brand...

thats pretty much my only pet-peeve...;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never drive a Subaru because it's a foreign car and you are a Chevy/Ford man or woman - too bad, you've missed out on one of the best and funnest cars I've ever driven (The WRX)

Well that's just silly and doesn't really compare to an AMD vs. Intel or ATI vs. nvidia debate. Come on now wevman! Some of of us just don't like Subarus because they're overpriced, ugly as sin, and really don't give that great of performance/dollar. Oh, and they're ugly as sin.

Yes, aesthetics matter when it's something I'm going to be seen with. On a computer? Not so much.

That said, a 'fanboy' of Ford or Chevy doesn't act that same towards Subaru in any case. They ignore Subaru, and instead act against the other comapny (i.e Ford or Chevy...or Dodge I suppose).

Did I mention Subarus are fugly?

So, Dan...what do you think about Subarus? :)

I think his post made that perfectly clear

Some of of us just don't like Subarus because they're overpriced, ugly as sin, and really don't give that great of performance/dollar. Oh, and they're ugly as sin.

Did I mention Subarus are fugly?

I had to LOL at some of the comments on Mac users. I work for a large DOE research lab, and I have noticed that the majority (and most rabid) of the Mac fans are generally manager types. And what do they do their Macs all day?

They read emails and make powerpoint presentations. The engineers generally use a windows machine for email, word and such, but almost always have a second machine (either intel or amd) running linux to do calculations.

I am not saying you can't do technical work on a Mac, but as one reader noted, the less computer savvy users tend to go with the Macs. I have used both, and there is nothing a Mac can do that a good linux distribution (Redhat, Ubuntu, Debian) can't do just as well. You just need to know a little more about computers.

Let the flaming begin....:rolleyes:

I don't mind people using Mac's it just the idiots that think they're soooo much better than PC. How many times have you heard,"It's does graphics better!" Mentally, I'm doing the HJ motion and moaning "whatever", you catch my drift.

The biggest thing is as bowtie pointed out. You ask about how one product performs and they reply promptly with an undercut of that product with no constructive criticism of the product you asked about.

And no there's nothing wrong with Subies. Any mod person has got to love something that comes with a factory turbo. It just means you automatically get forged internals. I used to drive a 01 SS Convertible with nitrous and I would drive a WRX any day of the week. I mean seriously for 2000-3000 bucks you can make almost 300hp. That's pretty sweet. But if I were to do the super horsepower car I would go with an 03-04 Cobra. It comes factory with Manley rods, you can switch out the roots for a centrifugal upgrade the injectors and on a conservative tune make 600hp.

Holy crap pattobw! You work in my stomping grounds. Pretty cool man. I graduated from Oak Ridge HS in 99.

a mac is good for photo and stuff like that...from what i understand...im not big into photo editing and whatnot, but i got a friend who does aerial photos...and most of his images are around 100megs per image, and his g4 will flip that image faster than any other computer you can take in there....i tried...he was talking all this . bout how good it was bla bla bla and i was like whatever, lets go head to head, and he smoked my butt....not as bad as if i were pushing a dell or whatever, but he still won...dont matter if its by 1 sec or 10 seconds