AMD Phenom (K10) - Box art

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

Im not gonna lie, that was the dumbest most stupid video I have EVER seen.

Hardcore Ultra HighDef Gaming Super Computing??!!

He probably came up with that term during a particularly strenuous number two on the bathroom.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3d c0m3t

I'll admit to not liking the idea of overclocking using any kind of OS-embedded software. I've always overclocked in the BIOS, even when I was still an uber-n00b. :tooth:

The idea doesn't reach out far enough to where AMD think it should, it's doing them more bad than good. I think they might be pussyfooting around with all of these new platforms, programs and such because they're lacking that "K8" mentality from a few years ago.

How many new socket platforms has AMD released since progressing to AM2, including...AM2? 4? 5?

They're liberally f*cking themselves.

and just as we feared, the Phenom is more of a Phebomb compared to Intel's current Quad cpu's / prices.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3153

While one review is never good enough, I've been reading Anand for years enough to know he wouldn't botch this for the world as I feel he is just as...excited? as all of us are that AMD can get back in the game with Intel.

Doesn't look like that is going to happen, and the sleeping giant has released Penryn, the 45nm cpu, while AMD is STILL trailing behind their Core2Quad 65nm...

will AMD ever get back on top? I surely hope so, but for the moment, this is a stinging blow to me and my love for AMD...

I'll admit to not liking the idea of overclocking using any kind of OS-embedded software. I've always overclocked in the BIOS, even when I was still an uber-n00b. :tooth:

The idea doesn't reach out far enough to where AMD think it should, it's doing them more bad than good. I think they might be pussyfooting around with all of these new platforms, programs and such because they're lacking that "K8" mentality from a few years ago.

How many new socket platforms has AMD released since progressing to AM2, including...AM2? 4? 5?

They're liberally f*cking themselves.

So, I have this problem where when anytime I disconnect the power to the PSU, I lose ALL of my BIOS settings. I was sitting around after doing some benchmarks on the system in my sig after swapping the cards in SLI with a 8800GT (still waiting for the rest of my stuff). I decided to take a look at Ntune.

I can't say the 3 hour "tune" is great as I only made it though 2 hours and 10 minutes, but the quick 20 minute version is pretty nifty if you are looking for a good starting place to get to some good overclocking in the BIOS. Oh, and the profile can load at each boot so I don't have to worry about that pesky problem when i move this system to a new case later this week.

Will I use it again? Definitely. Will I use it exclusively? Not at all.

Hell, it it wasn't for my CPU hitting over 65C on air while I ran Orthos, I probably would have left the 2.4Ghz OC that Ntune hit. Instead, I bumped it down to 2.5 until I get this thing in it's new home.

I think I diverged from the point of this thread.

Oh yeah, just because they make these tools for overclocking, doesn't mean they are bad, but they can come in handy.

However, I did get a chuckle out of the vid when the guy is billed as "World Champion Overclocker".

Ntune is the most horrible, machine-killing piece of software ever devised by any company.

Ask me or Rgone about it (or old-timers at the forum here).

Gonna go ahead and move this on to AMD Motherboards as well since it's pretty much tech talk (good discussion though, it caused me to write the giant Angry Phenom rant)

Ntune is the most horrible, machine-killing piece of software ever devised by any company.

Ask me or Rgone about it (or old-timers at the forum here).

Gonna go ahead and move this on to AMD Motherboards as well since it's pretty much tech talk (good discussion though, it caused me to write the giant Angry Phenom rant)

Did I miss a Angry rant?:eek2: