Sign in to follow this  
Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

AMD Phenom (K10) - Box art

I agree, but for what it's worth, the box art is complete and utter badassery.

Yeah, that's right, I created my own word today. :tooth:

I think the box art plays the part of intimidation, which I can cross-reference with Intel's Core 2 Extreme box art; black and gives you the view of the processor in the upper left-hand corner. You knew something like that would perform well, and look how that turned out....

EDIT: http://amdzone.com/

Apparently, Directron was taking pre-orders for the quad core X4 9500, 9600, and 9700 CPUs.

lol I'm not intimidated by box art at all. How many games or books have killer art but are piles of .?

no, box art means nothing. Performance reviews are what will make or break this product.

Unless the product contained within the fancy box art performs as proclaimed I could care less.

What we have here is a marketing ploy. Give the general public something flashy and those who are gullible enough will eat it right up without any regard for the performance boost the product may or may not give them.

Give me raw, real-world performance measures. That's what will make or break a product with me.

Anyone who buys online won't even see the box anyway. And most business owners won't care. However, I do have to admit, that's pretty badass. :D

I just hope it's not another HD2900-type release, that is, months too late and a fraction of the performance it's supposed to be.

since we really haven't seen any benchmarks of these new cpu's yet the release date is less than a week away or such...I'm going to say that the performance still isn't up to par with an Intel Quad...but who knows?

well, we will...and within hours after they are up for sale. Then we'll see if that box art is intimidating lol.

well, box art doesn't make the product great, but if an average consumer so a doo doo brown AMD Phenom x4 PC, and a intel pentium MMX PC with a slick blue finish, which do you think they will buy?

looks help sell a product, they make it stand out to the consumer.

looks help sell a product, they make it stand out to the consumer.

Depends on the consumer. Personally I like a no-bull crap box that doesn't say anything that doesn't matter on it.

Guest r3d c0m3t

I'd like to see AMD get back on top for the next couple of months, at least until Nehalem rolls about, because that's an entirely different ballgame.

It seems that in the long run AMD purchasing ATI was not the best idea to come off of paper, what they should have done was use that money to build a few more fabrication plants.

As always, Corporate America dictates revenue is more important than productivity.

Anyone heard of the AMD Spider platform? I'm not sure I totally get it...do you have a "Spider platform" if you're using a Phenom, 3800 series GPU and 7 series chipset? It looks cool but I'm keeping my mouth shut until they actually produce something that can hold a candle to the Core2 technology.

(Notice how the graphics seem to stutter throughout the demo.)

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm/4083

(Doesn't this just seem like AMDs version of Ntune...nothing new really.)

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm/4094

Guest r3d c0m3t

It isn't anything new at all, really, but at least they're attempting to get back on track.

AMD, ftw?