DIY-Street User Reviews: Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

21 members have voted

1. 1.

• 5 stars!
    • 4 stars!
    • 3 stars!
    • 2 stars!
    • 1 star =(

I bought the game the day it came out and within 2-3 days had completed it at the normal level. I then moved on to online play and within 45 hours of playing time made 5 Star General. I enjoy FPS games and this is the first one that I could actually get to the final unlocks. BF2, I am about to give up trying to go further. I have both of the earlier COD's for PC and this one is head and shoulders above.

I am waiting for both map mods and expansion packs.....

With the rig in my sig the game plays fawlessly at high settings and zero AA.

would have like to give it perfect... but there were somethings i feel that they could have done better. without anychanges to game engine or overall mechanics of the game.

i played it on the 3rd hardest difficulty. not top lvl... but harder than normal.

Intense firefights. Some real nail biters.

Supurb sound. Very Very difficult to simulate the accual sound a machinegun makes on a gaming system and have your ears hear it the same way you would Live. they came close. but its not there yet.

Great soundtrack. really pumped you into the game.

Found it very easy to navigate my way through the lvls and find my objectives ect.

Eeverything flowed nicely.

AI was pretty nice in the fact that it could sneakup and flank you. enemy placement was very strategic. and at some points it felt like they kept comming and comming and would never stop... it forced you to accually grow a pair and storm the building, not just pick stuff off safely, an addition i REALLY apreciated.

Your NPC teamates were very skilled and moved/worked professional like real soldiers(for the most part). which i found thrilling to play with. they addapted well to you and what you wee doing as a teamleader. probably best of any fps ive ever played.

however, the enemy AI overall didnt really impress me alot, i would like to have seen it given the same smarts as your own team. also it was something you could predict after the 20th time hitting a checkpoint. it was almost as if, instead of making it smart... they just let it have unlimited soldiers that kept comming and comming.

aiming assist system was very very nice on the 360, dont know about pc mouse ect.

but xbox controls were excelent. one of the best fps controls ive played since halo.

well made levels.. although once you go through them you find that they are accually pretty small and short.

overall i played about 8hours, and the last "100 YArds" to the end was insane!! and awesome!!

i played with a buddy we traded the controler all night. and both of us had a blast, played on a 61inch DLP in 1080p on the 360. with couch a couple feet from TV. great theatre experiance.

i deffinatly recomend this game. i rented it. but now im going to go out and buy a copy.

nothing bad to say except the AI was nothing spectacular. and levels a little small. 8 hours on a hard difficulty just isnt enough. considering im shelling out 60bucks.

fyi...360 doesn't do 1080p. Only the PS3...I think the 360 tops out at 1080i :tooth:

I agree though, it's an excellent game. Probably my favorite game in a long while.

fyi...360 doesn't do 1080p. Only the PS3...I think the 360 tops out at 1080i :tooth:

I agree though, it's an excellent game. Probably my favorite game in a long while.

Xbox elite w/hdmi output.

yes. i personally have mine set to 1080p

the old xbox did 1080I w/progressive outputs. the new one has hdmi capable of 1080p.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox3...tem/default.htm

This game is still the best thing since sliced bread. Im playing multiplayer a fair bit. (in between having a life).

Ive made level 30 and really admire the fact that the quickest way to level up is to use all the weapons due to the points that come from achievements with each.

The M16 or M4 are probably the best weapons in the game long/short range. But its still brilliant that it forces you to learn how to play with others in order to level up quickly.

finished the game on normal first, and loved it. restarted on hard (harder, tough...whatever comes after normal) and love it even more. becouse you know what is gonna happen the npc's really come to life more, as well that some of the comments they make now actually make sense (sniping from a great distance in the mission where you have to free the informant got me "McGellar would be proud". 1st time i had no idea what he was talking about, 2nd time i knew it was from the sniper mission).

+

controls are very easy and straight forward,

maps look great

i love the weapons, nothing special, but they work like a charm.

sniper mission

bombing mission

-

Id have liked a hide and duck control as in RB6 vegas

press C to go down...and jump to get up....not my favorite

took me 9 hours on normal, 7 and a half on harder in 2nd run. can i ahve like 20+?

+++++

better then crysis

5 star :)