DIY-Street User Reviews: Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

21 members have voted

1. 1.

• 5 stars!
    • 4 stars!
    • 3 stars!
    • 2 stars!
    • 1 star =(

... I'm not really down with multiplayer.

My sentiments exactly, but with the right group or on a private LAN it's a different story.

More games need a co-op option, IMO.:cool:

The single player is definitely too short but it's like a killer hollywood movie production, which is awesome.

Got it in one, but i was about 4-5 levels from completing it day before yesterday, and i went to play tonight and somehow all my saved games have disappeared! I had rated 5 and i do love the game but i was/am so miffed i now rate it 4.

However It did cause me to go into multiplayer for a prolonged 3 hours where I find my old cod2 skills do help alot i score just over positive on most cod2 servers but the first time i played cod4 i was scoring 2:1 must be all the n00b's!!!

My sentiments exactly, but with the right group or on a private LAN it's a different story.

More games need a co-op option, IMO.:cool:

yes we definitely need more co-op in PC games just like console games all seem to have these days...

Definitely and awesome game! I just picked it up and I'm addicted. It's very realistic and the multiplayer is insane. I highly recommend going through the single player before attempting the multiplayer...I seem to get killed about ever 2 seconds. There is always someone running up and slitting your throat or sniping you. The unlocks are pretty sweet too! You can get things like new camo patterns (which actually play an important part), guille suits, new guns, new skills, etc. The single player is just as awesome, if not better. It's like you're playing a character in a movie and the AI seems to be pretty well done. The AI doesn't just come running at you, they hide behind things and sneak and crawl. 5 stars from me.

you should have waited to vote until you played multiplayer...that's where this game's strength really is. The single player is definitely too short but it's like a killer hollywood movie production, which is awesome.

Except that multiplayer is worthless to some of us. ;)

Except that multiplayer is worthless to some of us. ;)

well this is true, which is why I haven't voted as I only played 50% of the game (single player). Never even touched multiplayer and once single player was finished, I uninstalled it and gave it back to my buddy. Not interested in multiplayer at all unless it has co-op (like all console games do now).

But I figure 99% of gamers who like these kinds of games play multiplayer and that seems to be the strongest point of the game.

why techno?

Just not a fan of it on most any game and don't really have an interest in even trying it on this one. Coop does interest me as that adds a dynamic to the game, but I really don't have anybody to play with in that regard anyways.

I played around 2/3rds of the game after I got pissed off at Crysis. It's alright, nothing special in my book though.

Something else that just bit me with this game – the save system.

I’d already completed the game, & unlocked the Arcade mode, etc.

I’ve since been playing through on the hardest mode, & had got to around the half way mark.

I accidentally clicked the ‘New Game’ button, which is right next to the ‘Resume Game’ button, which wiped out my previous games’ progress, as well as the features that I’d previously unlocked… nice.

3 Stars for me

I found the actual game play too short & it didn't really suck me in like COD 2 did.

This game for me is a bit to hollywooded up just like Medal of honour pacific assault compared to AA / Spearhead / breakthrough the Hollywood style split scenes all be it looking fantastic take too much space up on the DVD that should have been filled with game content/levels rather than movies imo.

I did however really enjoy the graphics & the modern weapons & theme & I am sure my friends & I will have a blast over Christmas playing multi-player but there are a couple of levels I wont play again because they were just too boring.

Bring on the expansion packs.

CN :)