DIY-Street User Reviews: Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

21 members have voted

1. 1.

• 5 stars!
    • 4 stars!
    • 3 stars!
    • 2 stars!
    • 1 star =(

So here's how this works. Instead of one of us doing a game review, I'll make a poll for each new game that comes out and those of us that play it can vote whether or not we'd recommend it to someone else.

Hopefully each game will get around 100+ votes so someone else, even non-members can read it and decide that if 78 out of 100 say the game is decent, it might be worth a try.

So let's talk about Call of Duty 4 first. I LOVE this game, the little bit I've had a chance to play. Single player is everything I want it to be, which is CoD2+. Because I loved CoD2.

Multiplayer = I have no clue as I don't own the game and I'm not really down with multiplayer. But based on my single player experience and knowledge of how multiplayer works and the features that are included, I'd have to give this a triple thumbs up if I had 3 hands. ;)

ps: don't be a jackass and vote for the game if you have not played it, or have only played the demo. Let's try to be honest and genuine. I've played about 70% of the game so far so I'm pretty confident that I can honestly give it 5 stars unless the ending is super mega really really retardedly stupid

100 hours? I keep hearing how the game is only about 8 hours long in single player...are you just playing through it repeatedly?

I play all my games that way

Go though the easy , medium , hard , and extreme levels

Then I go though them again with just hang gun and knife when possible. Then when you go though the extreme level full armored you can kick some big time butt. 500 600 hours later. im done with the game on to more

Voted 5 stars

I have only done half the game in SP as far but have spent about 12hrs on Multi player

Love the game, to be honest I was not sure if IWD could pull it off, but as usual they have!!!

A must have game for all serious gamers (in my humble opinion!)

Doc

I loved the single player. The story was amazingly done in my opinion, much better then all of the other Call of Duties.

I have only played about half an hour of multiplayer. I like the levels, and how it tells you in game, and the unlocks (which make since).

5 stars here as well! I never even played the SP but the MP is awesome! I mean it is infantry only so there is nothing to drive or fly but the ranking system and the perks you get while you play making up for it big time.

100 hours? I keep hearing how the game is only about 8 hours long in single player...are you just playing through it repeatedly?

He probably meant MP!

I gave it a 3. It probably deserves a 3.5, but that option ain't there.

Maybe a little harsh, but something you finish in less than a day doesn't sit too well with me. It's not as if i sprinted through it either - took time to look around for the 'secrets', etc. Nor did i think the gfx were anything spectacular.

I havn't tried multiplayer yet, but noticed that there was no 'co-op' type play where you could include Bots, which is a negative for me.

Another thing that pissed me off - i started the game again on the hardest setting(after completing it on the default difficulty), & discovered that i couldn't skip the cut scenes, some of which go for an extended length of time.

That being said, the game played really well (on sig-rig), & if you're looking for a fast-paced shooter with no stuffing around, then you could do worse.

you should have waited to vote until you played multiplayer...that's where this game's strength really is. The single player is definitely too short but it's like a killer hollywood movie production, which is awesome.